Cleaning the Underside

....any ideas how to clean under the car without getting it onto a lift? Drove along a very muddy lane yesterday whilst out on site and the underside of my car is now caked in mud (and horse ****) so is a bit stinky.....was thinking about using a brush on the end of a hose to reach under, but a bit concerned I won't be able to see and end up doing damage.....

The only thing you'd really have a chance of damaging would be the Lambda. There's not that much under the car that's vulnerable to be honest. Lie down and blast it with a pressure washer, brush attachment would be perfect if you have one. :smile:

I'm sure some car washes have jets that spray under the car. They come out of the floor like fountains.

Wouldn't mind doing that as long as the car wash doesn't wash the rest of the car too, otherwise it is swirl central!

most of the mud etc will be up in the arches you will be surprised how well the undersides stay clean

i think you can get an attachment for a pressure washer that will do underneath

as siad there is the lambda wiring under there but not mush else that is "vunerable"

other alternative is wait until its raining heavy and go for a long drive down a quiet motorway to wash the underside....in this country you wont have long to wait :poke:

I have an attachment for my Nilfisk washer that sprays the jet out at 90° so its perfect for doing under the far. I know Karcher do one as well.

...cheers guys...will look for a brush attachment for the pressure wash....I have a Meg as apposed to a Clio...will this be similar underneath? Have thought about the quiet motorway idea myself....would be a late night spin to get a quiet run around here!!

Similar Thread Suggestions