Cleaning the instrument panel

tchalikias

Paid Member
What is the best way to clean the instrument panel? The plastic covering the dials is incredibly scratch-friendly.

If even a little dust has settled on it, cleaning with a piece of cloth leaves thousands of tiny scratches that become apparent when sunlight hits it.

I know this is a very specific question, but I hate scratches!

Yeah nothing worse than a scratched instrument panel :worried: I used to use ordinary glass cleaner.

The trick is to use a soft, non-scratch cloth (like: Dodo Juice Red Extra-Soft Buffing Cloth) along with a decent glass cleaner (like: Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol IPA glass cleaner).

Glass polish can also be used after cleaning, to improve the finish, but it shouldn't really be used for cleaning.

soft indeed. On my old car the g/f thought itd be a good idea to help out and clean it with news paper.. as she heard cleaning windows with news paper was good..... :worried:(

I find quick detailers work better on glass than a product for glass.

They clean whilst leaving a good protection. I'm sure that would cross over to the instrument panel.

I have found Zymol Field glaze to be the best but a cheaper alternative is race glaze clearmist detailer.

I find quick detailers work better on glass than a product for glass.

They clean whilst leaving a good protection. I'm sure that would cross over to the instrument panel.

I have found Zymol Field glaze to be the best but a cheaper alternative is race glaze clearmist detailer.

As it happens, Dodo Juice have just released a new quick detailer called: Dodo Juice Basics Of Bling Detailing Spray :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions