Cleaning my car without access to a hose!

Hi Guys,

Need some advice, I bought my car as an ex-demonstrator with a couple of k on the clock. Firstly I couldn't believe it when I noticed in the sunlight a whole bunch of swirl marks ALREADY! I haven't washed it myself yet so the valeter at the dealer has absolutely abused it!!

I assume with a clay bar I will be able to do something about this myself, or do you think I should take the car back to the dealer and tell them to sort it?

My second issue as as titled.

I live in a flat, I have no way of getting any running water out to the car to wash it. To be honest, this is the first car I've owned that I've loved enough to not let the local handwash do for me once a week. I really dont want to trust them, what can I do to wash it at home. Is there any way? Surely I can't be the only person with this issue?

Any help much apreciated

Ben

I live in a flat, i use several bucket loads of water from an outside tap!
Its a pain in the arse but just buy a couple of buckets from B&Q and you'll be fine.

Swirl marks are best removed with polish and a DA buffer, have seen it done by hand but lots of hard work compared to using a buffer to do it

This helps to hide them after washing the car use Autoglym super resin polish as this fills in the tiny groves and also being a polish helps to remove the sharp edge to the swirl making harder to spot, down to how the light hit's it and reflects then finish off using a wax on top

It's buckets or waterless car wash stuff
Never used it but might be worth a try

when I had my flat a few years back I used to use a hose pipe from the outside tap - if you haven't got one you'll have to use a bucket.

or....just find a reputable hand wash/valeters/

As for the swirls etc, I use Farecla products, they do a swirl remover. It used to be trade only stuff but Halfords sell a small range of it now.

Have a search...

Get Russ of here to give it a good deep clean and wax and you will have to do alot less washing to do

Roy, you should be on commission! Lol!

I wouldn't recommend getting the swirls corrected at this time of year, especially if you don't have access to a pressure washer easily.

Brown Bear is right though, you're best off at least using a pressure washer at your local petrol station (don't go near the brush!!!) to get the worst of the crud off and maybe take your own buckets and mitt and drying towel. It's what I do in Winter when everything at home is frozen.

Get a decent sealant down on your car too and it'll help it stay cleaner for longer and also make cleaning your car far easier. Good options are GTechniq C2, Wolf's Body Wrap or Auto Finesse Tough Coat.

Then, in Spring, drop me a PM and we'll restore it to its former glory :smile:

Dont bother with the clay bar if you're trying to remove swirls, it won't help. I'd get some autoglym super resin polish as this can fill most of the swirls and top it off with a wax or sealant, it'll do until you can get it properly detailed.

To wash the car I'd get yourself a watering can, rinse the car down then wash. Use the watering can again to rinse after wash. After you've had it corrected you might want to look at other methods for the pre-rinse to get rid of more of the stuck on crud.

Depending on what floor you're on and how far the car is away from your window, you could connect a hose to your tap to give a flow of water?

I suffer with the same issue unfortunately :worried:

I just go to the local petrol station. £2 gives you 8 minutes. I take a bucket and all the bits with me.