Cleaning Kit/Package

Hello,

birthday in a couple of weeks and there is nothing that I really need/want. So thinking of some cleaning products.

Anyone recommend a package or starter kit where you get a bit of everything?

Autoglym stuff any good? Well, good value for money might be better.

Depends if you just want to 'clean' your car or 'detail' it (basically the same, but more obsessive and expensive).

Auto Finesse now do a taster kit of 5 products for £20, I'd be looking at something like that.

Depends if you just want to 'clean' your car or 'detail' it (basically the same, but more obsessive and expensive).

Auto Finesse now do a taster kit of 5 products for £20, I'd be looking at something like that.

Will have a look, thanks.

More detailing to be fair. Or at least getting in to that!

Swissvax do starter kits where you choose your wax.

Best of show is one hell of a product for the money.

:smiley: Ideally.

Been having a look on detailing world and wax's for black. But need to have a proper read.

When its a car I enjoy having it will be spotless, the clio I currently have was forced upon me and its a tip!

Personally I've never been overly impressed with the Auto-Glym products I've used, so wouldn't recommend their kit myself. As MP has said, Swissvax do some kits, their products are VERY good, but may be a bit pricey.

If it were me, I'd probably start building up my own kit of basics (2 buckets, decent wash mitt, decent shampoo, a few mircofibres and some quick detailer - Or, you could get the Megiures Clay Kit which will give you a decent clay bar and some quick detailer). From there I'd look in to buying a tester pot(s). CleanYourCar have a great range of Dodo Juice pots for £6, and also tend to carry small cheap pots of Iron X etc. They will last you a good few cleans and then you can see how your getting along. You might find its not for you, or that you are really in to it and then you can invest more time and money in to a large pot of a quality product.

The one thing I would say is that detailing is one hell of a money pit if you get carried away and if you're just getting started don't get talked in to forking out a fortune on large amounts of the latest trend product, only to find its not for you.

Personally I've never been overly impressed with the Auto-Glym products I've used, so wouldn't recommend their kit myself. As MP has said, Swissvax do some kits, their products are VERY good, but may be a bit pricey.

If it were me, I'd probably start building up my own kit of basics (2 buckets, decent wash mitt, decent shampoo, a few mircofibres and some quick detailer - Or, you could get the Megiures Clay Kit which will give you a decent clay bar and some quick detailer). From there I'd look in to buying a tester pot(s). CleanYourCar have a great range of Dodo Juice pots for £6, and also tend to carry small cheap pots of Iron X etc. They will last you a good few cleans and then you can see how your getting along. You might find its not for you, or that you are really in to it and then you can invest more time and money in to a large pot of a quality product.

The one thing I would say is that detailing is one hell of a money pit if you get carried away and if you're just getting started don't get talked in to forking out a fortune on large amounts of the latest trend product, only to find its not for you.

Yeah I can see your point. I can see this costing a fortune. :smiley:

Just started detailing my self and yes it can be expensive but some of the products last a long time. But it is best to start from scatch as said above.

The best thing is the results you can get, there epic.

A mate of mine is selling 25ml tester pots of some swissvax special clay stuff that's like £800 a tub. But I must say the man does turn out some impressive work when it comes to detailing :wink:

AutoFinesse have started doing a decent kit bit pricey though but not too bad for a whole kit. You'll probably get a group of different
brands that you like and that compliment each other eventually. All down to personal preference :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Helpimonfire Detailing 8
Gilmos1 Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 13
jimpy9 Detailing 8
TwingoGeekeo Detailing 16
F Detailing 4