Cleaning Engine Bay

Spray any electrical terminals with wd40 or cover with cling film. Don't soak the engine bay with a pressure washer, I always use an open flow from a hosepipe.
Agitate the cleaner with a brush, rinse and then dress the plastics with something like 303 aerospace or autoglym rubber and vinyl, both are water based so can be sprayed on and left to dry naturally and then give a light wipe to remove excess.
Just use a bit of common sense and don't go soaking any vulnerable areas, and all will be fine.

Thanks for the advice. Other than the battery terminals, what exactly should I cover/WD40?

I'll pick up some autoglym rubber and vinyl, unless Halfords sells 303 aerospace.

Spray any electrical terminals with wd40 or cover with cling film. Don't soak the engine bay with a pressure washer, I always use an open flow from a hosepipe.
Agitate the cleaner with a brush, rinse and then dress the plastics with something like 303 aerospace or autoglym rubber and vinyl, both are water based so can be sprayed on and left to dry naturally and then give a light wipe to remove excess.
Just use a bit of common sense and don't go soaking any vulnerable areas, and all will be fine.

Similar Thread Suggestions