Chris and Arrans tip of the week

This week: In gear pick up.

If you're 197 feels a bit sluggish then we have a remedy - drive the wheels off it hitting the green light on every change possible round some good, preferably Welsh, mountain roads in sunny but freezing conditions and your car will feel like it's gained 10 horses and will pull like a train for about a fortnight afterwards.

More next week. :coffee:

Last edited:
This week: In gear pick up.

If you're 197 feels a bit sluggish then we have a remedy - drive the wheels off it hitting the green light on every change possible round some good, preferably Welsh, mountain roads in sunny but freezing conditions and your car will feel like it's gained 10 horses and will pull like a train for about a fortnight afterwards.

More next week. :coffee:

:w00t:

Sound advice there my friend!!!

:jase2:

Absolutely - I gave mine some stick the other day for a few miles, even since it's picked up alot better. I once heard the ecu goes into economy mode if youve not hit WOT for awhile, not sure if this is true or not but it feels that way, most of the time i'm pootling along and not going very quick at all :/

Absolutely - I gave mine some stick the other day for a few miles, even since it's picked up alot better. I once heard the ecu goes into economy mode if youve not hit WOT for awhile, not sure if this is true or not but it feels that way, most of the time i'm pootling along and not going very quick at all :/

They do after a couple of weeks.

^^^Really?? Mines always been the same, put my foot down and it goes lol. Dont see how the ecu can slow it down? I know the throttle doesnt open up 100% until 4.5kish maybe more. Or maybe ive just got the wrong end of the stick lol.

But a good fun blast, kissing the limiter is always, always dam good fun!! :wink:

Ahhh yes, the good old Renaultsport Tune-up. It happens at least once a month in our house. :smiley: