Choice to make .....

ok,

So as mentioned in my previous thread my 200 Cup is now for some strange reason not going to be ready till Dec ... so that would be an almost 6 month wait since I ordered it.

So now I am torn between waiting and just getting something else ...

I have my eye on a Megane 250 Cup, less than a year old with hardly any miles on it.

obviously it's a bit more money but not a huge amount more, something like £2.5K.

should I wait or get the Megane?

It's a good car, but I don't think it is an £x,xxx better car than the Clio and that's cheaper to run in every respect. That's why I chose the Clio instead, I was all set on buying the Megane.

Megane is also a bit risky, given the much rumoured RS300 is coming.. We all know how the many special editions ruined the value of the previous one. 225/230/F1 team blah blah...

Have they actually confirmed 100% yours is now due for December?

Still waiting on Renault UK customer service to confirm the revised delivery date. Although with the factory currently not taking any new orders I fear that somehow my order missed a cut off and they wont be able to help me.

So I am just exploring other options at the moment just in case.

Of course I still want the Clio and if nothing turns up in the mean time then I will just wait for the Clio.

To be honest I am just a bit angry still at the moment so I am looking for something else out of principal. :smile:

Have you had a test drive in the megane? Only you can make the choice, I think the megane power would be nice though

Have you also had a look at an R26? More power than the clio, easier to tune and almost as much fun in the twisties

I'd wait Russ, its the car you want after all.
The time will fly and when you get it you'll be in :001_wub:

The Megane is ok, :smile:nope:smile: personally think its too fat looking, too big and too heavy.
Although the interior is very nice...

I really do like the Megane. I gotta have a go in one at the RS trackday at Silverstone. Nice car (Very good dash), very fast (I mean properly fast) however, when I got back in the 200 I realised its a much more fun car to drive. I think it looks better to.

I like the megane too and if I could fit one in the garage I would have been very tempted.

Back when I ordered my 200 the pcp deals were about the same (if handing the car back) £2k down and £199 per month. With a very high GFV

Now they are £3k down and £299 per month.

Test drive the Megane. Costs nothing to have a go in it. I drove one and didn't think it was worth the money, but if it had only been a £2.5K price to change I'd be driving it now! It was drastically quicker than the Clio, even though the one I tested only had a few hundred miles on the clock. They must be proper rapido with a few thou' on them!

Having driven a meg 250, I personally thought it was too easy to go fast. The Clio needs you to work it and has much more feel imo - hence is more fun. Don't forget going faster doesn't mean more fun. The most fun car I've had was my old mini cooper, but I could only just get to 80 in it

I drove the migrane and the clio, but preferred the latter in fun factor even though the 250 is much nicer inside.

Personally I'd hang fire, stick with the Clio and see what you can get free out of it.

I have got an invoice with estimated delivery on it of Sep/Oct !!

I would be using that to your advantage, a couple of weeks either way is acceptable but months.. Personally I think they are taking the p1ss.

If you have to wait until December I think I would be asking for some compensation.

Similar Thread Suggestions