Check injectors and ESP fault

Bangbangbenny

Platinum Member
Hi, I've just fitted a k&n Apollo filter to my f1 in Tuesday, ever since then when driving its fine up until around 6000rpm then gets really hesitant, then when pushed a check injectors and ESP fault comes and goes in to limp home mode with the yellow spanner, when I stop and restart the engine the message isn't there.
Is this problem solely the new air filter, or can one of you helpful people point me in the right direction, thanks

Not sure on the ECU faults, maybe someone else can help there. But Wayne (930Tech) did a direct comparison of the K&N filter vs standard airbox a while back and I think he lost ~5bhp when he fitted the K&N.

I had the 'Check Injectors' fault in september, Nothing to do with a filter on mine but ended up having to replace the Coil packs! Have yours benn changed at all since new?
Mine went after i fitted a 64mm TB.
AA wanted £55 per coil, Local garage did them for £17!!

Ash

when you fitted the air filter did you disconnect any sensors from the original air box or leave any pipes unplugged?

I've had a look over it last night and couldn't see anything loose, I unplugged the solenoid, the car has been sat for about 6 months without a proper run, could that of led to the injector fault?? There's a lad on here selling a set of a 200, would they fit??

Before you go buying more parts, reinstall the standard airbox, acoustic valve and associated parts to see if the problem persists.

If the problem continues, then investigate ignition coils and so on.

Before you go buying more parts, reinstall the standard airbox, acoustic valve and associated parts to see if the problem persists.

If the problem continues, then investigate ignition coils and so on.

couldnt have put it better myself!

i wouldnt have the secondary inlet solenoid unplugged!!!!

also make sure the vacuum pipe/s is/are plugged....

Not sure on the ECU faults, maybe someone else can help there. But Wayne (930Tech) did a direct comparison of the K&N filter vs standard airbox a while back and I think he lost ~5bhp when he fitted the K&N.

Not me robbo, :bye2: