Check Injection - persistent

Hello,

Recently my car started to give CHECK INJECTION error, which could be reset by the mechanic and everything would work fine. It happend once, after that no issues for a month or so.

The next thing i know is as soon as the wheater got colder im having issues with the error when starting the car first thing in the morning on cold wheater.

Sometimes after a few miles, i shut the car and restart and the error dissapears, sometimes i can restart the car alot and the error wont go away.

Sometimes, restarting it a few times will remove the error but in first gear it wont go over 6000rpm, then it sounds like its hitting 8000rpms ....

Sometimes though, when error is gone it works normally.

My question is, could it be the throttle body? If so, can i fix it somehow and i have obd2 , cheap one, can i get a free tool to reset that error and place it as if i installed a new throttle body?

Cheers!

Had the same problem on mine (not got it plugged in yet) although mine would not rev passed 4,000 RPM

What error code are you getting?

Im not sure what code did the mechanic get but he told me its the throttle body, he cleared the error and told me he put the code or something, to make it look like he installed a new throttle body. Then he told me it could be the ecu too. That mechanic worked on clio r3 for alot of time so i guess he knows what he's saying hehe xD

My odb2 does not show that kind of error, only minor faults :worried:

Correct, when in that error fault state it wont go over 4000 rpm, but if you restart it , maybe, like i did alot of times the error goes away and then sometimes i get up to 6000, 6500 rpms in first gear, popping like at 8000 rpm, like the limit has been reached but only in first gear, in other gears i can go to 8000 np. Other times, as soon as the error goes away i can get to 8000rpm in first gear....strange :S

Thats what happens to me, when i turn it off and restart the code usually goes away but only after a few times.

I have not got mine read yet as i have not had time to take it to my friend.

Has any other lights come on your dash with the error?

I think it would be best to get your code fault number as this will allow you to do more specific research on that exact code you are getting as making it look like he installed a new TB has not worked.

Although someone else might be able to expand on the problem more than me.

Yeah, i'll try to get to the code.
No other lights came on but the check injection.
The time he did put that new TB "code" i had no problem, well at that time it showed only once, for the first time and it was while i was driving and changing gears at 8000rpm xD , just got the code then...

He did reset as i said and from then np....until cold wheater came into play xD

Thanks for the reply !

Yeah, i'll try to get to the code.
No other lights came on but the check injection.
The time he did put that new TB "code" i had no problem, well at that time it showed only once, for the first time and it was while i was driving and changing gears at 8000rpm xD , just got the code then...

He did reset as i said and from then np....until cold wheater came into play xD

Thanks for the reply !

8000rpm? Did you get it raised then?

After restartinf the car several times the error is gone for a while but then again in that case sometimes it foes in first gear only to 6000rpm, in ofher gears up to 8000 as usual, sometimes it goes in all gears up to 8000...

I got the codes, we doubt the throttle pedal
Image attached.

Attachments

• 20161011_195655~2.jpg
    20161011_195655~2.jpg
    757.7 KB · Views: 25
I meant to the red 8000

I red somewhere it goes up to 8250, not sure rhe dash shows rhe exact rpms, anyhow when having those problems in first gear blocks at 6000 like when you reach 8000 red. Sorry i dont jbow how you call the moment when it reaches 8000 red and then does that sound heheh

Reactions: Matty m 197
Ok, today i managed, i guess to clear the error with torque pro.

I put key in, press start, contact on, press pedal throttle to the end and i get error : injection fault, then i reset the ecu error via torque.

After that i start the car i get rpms getting up to 2k rpm and i get traction control light xD...when i brake they go down xDDDD, then i restart the car and the error is gone, i have to do it every time to get the car work proprerly.

I think it's the pedal throttle problem, wiring down there or so, will check later.

Video

Glad you managed to get it kind of sorted!

Let me know how you get on with the wiring, would be interested to hear.

throttle pedal uses 2 sensor tracks...there have been a few with faulty tracks throwing up faults...new pedal sorted the issue

Reactions: Adam_C
I think the pedal might be the case, i did take it down, check for oxidaton and wiring...didn't seem to find a problem.
294Djh1.png
Here is the video of what is happening and it seems when creating the INJECTION FAULT error after the CHECK INJECTION error that the card starts normally after a 1-2 times restart.
Noticed that sudden and harsh pushing of the throttle pedal give injecton fault...
Im guessing pedal is the one to be changed.... :/ hmm

Just to let you all know,

I have changed the throttle body...did test the old one and the new one on the table connected directly to power source. The old one had a crunchy noise while the new one had no noise at all, was smooth. That solved my problem.

And yes, had to change pedal too ...

Thank you, solved!