Check injection, check esp

So driving home from picking some food up, about 2 minutes down the road the car starts misfiring and I get a 'check esp, check ignition' warning on the dash. Engine management light is also flashing.

Anyone have any ideas of what it could be? Had the spark plugs changed a couple of months back so it won't be them. Coil packs maybe? But would that give the check esp warning?

Forgot to mention as well, as soon as I put the clutch down/put it in neutral the revs dip to around 500 as if it is about to stall. It keeps doing this and I have to use the accelerator to stop it from cutting out

Sounds like coil pack or lambda sensor maybe?

I had similar symptoms to you, and mine was the lambda sensor.

read the ecu code..bet its the p0300 multi cylinder mis-fire....might be due to short stop/start driving - my 197 did it a few times when it was stoppped and re-started when cold

read the ecu code..bet its the p0300 multi cylinder mis-fire....might be due to short stop/start driving - my 197 did it a few times when it was stoppped and re-started when cold
Worth a try.. its free [emoji115]
Just drive till the car is warm enough and check for signs.
was here a guy in the past that had similiar issue and iirc it disappeard like fox had

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I started the car again this morning and it was still misfiring, running really rough and almost cutting out. Looks like I'm going to have to get the AA out tomorrow as it is just undrivable

Just thought I would update this thread for anyone who has similar problems to me in the future.

Turns out it was a faulty coil pack.

Glad it sorted and cheap fix!
How did you find out it was the coil? (1 only?)
Scanner show you its code and you knew this is it?

Glad it sorted and cheap fix!
How did you find out it was the coil? (1 only?)
Scanner show you its code and you knew this is it?

Unplugged each coil 1 at a time with the engine running. If the unplugged coil doesn't effect how the engine is running then it is likely to be faulty.

Reactions: Dystant
Just thought I would update this thread for anyone who has similar problems to me in the future.

Turns out it was a faulty coil pack.

Glad you got it sorted! Nice one for taking the time to update the thread, I'm sure someone will find it useful if they ever have similar problems :smile: