197: "Check Injection" + "Check ESP" + Limp Mode.

Happened a couple of times now when accelerating hard near the limiter. Turning the car off and back on again clears the warning light and there is no issue with idle etc. Car drives fine.

Obviously the best way to check is with a CLIP tool, but I don't have one to hand (if anyone in the Midlands can help me out with this then I'd be very happy to hand over a few beers for the trouble!).

Just to add some context, this has happened since a recent service (including new spark plugs) and there has been a lot of cold/wet weather since.

Done a bit of research and at a guess it could be a faulty sensor or throttle body. I've checked for any loose connections around the TB and inlet manifold, and gave the connections a quick spray of electrical contact cleanser.

Any other advice from the tech gurus on here? (Please no "don't accelerate hard near the limiter" comments, because we all know that's what this car is about! And yes I do let the car warm up properly, about 15-20 mins for the oil temp before revving it :tongueout:)

I installed a 64mm throttle body and I kept getting that message whenever I went over 4k rpm. I took it off and sold it.

Happened a couple of times now when accelerating hard near the limiter. Turning the car off and back on again clears the warning light and there is no issue with idle etc. Car drives fine.

Obviously the best way to check is with a CLIP tool, but I don't have one to hand (if anyone in the Midlands can help me out with this then I'd be very happy to hand over a few beers for the trouble!).

Just to add some context, this has happened since a recent service (including new spark plugs) and there has been a lot of cold/wet weather since.

Done a bit of research and at a guess it could be a faulty sensor or throttle body. I've checked for any loose connections around the TB and inlet manifold, and gave the connections a quick spray of electrical contact cleanser.

Any other advice from the tech gurus on here? (Please no "don't accelerate hard near the limiter" comments, because we all know that's what this car is about! And yes I do let the car warm up properly, about 15-20 mins for the oil temp before revving it :tongueout:)

Took mine into the dealer today and touch wood it's been sorted, The coils onto of the spark plugs were faulty so they were replaced and it seems to working okay now. The recent service had also knocked a coil and that didn't help either. This may work for you!?..

Took mine into the dealer today and touch wood it's been sorted, The coils onto of the spark plugs were faulty so they were replaced and it seems to working okay now. The recent service had also knocked a coil and that didn't help either. This may work for you!?..

Thanks for the input mate. Saw your thread and yours sounded a bit more severe (kangarooing etc) so might be a slightly different issue. I ran some fuel additive (free STP injector cleaner from French Car show FTW!) and all seems to be fine at the moment, might have just been a bit of 'dirty' fuel. Did they say which connection was loose?

If anyone has a diagnostic tool though I'd still I'd still like to check the fault codes!