check emissions light

Hi all,

Just thought I’d post up to see if anyone to could help.

Purchased a 197 from Renault Orpington on Friday (3rd). All fine until this morning.

The "check emissions" light came on. I know the car has a different exhaust; this was purchased by the previous owner.

The exhaust is a Pro speed; it also has a sports cat.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Many thanks
Matt

could be the exhausts sports cat, is it running a sports cats and the oringinal pre cat on the manifold? try giving it a good thrash?

I presume it has the standard manifold. Once i finish work il try and have a better look.

About the call the dealer...

mine came on the other week stuck a full tank of 98 ron and it cleared within a mile. think i may have had a **** batch of fuel.

Just checked on the paper work i found in the glove box.

Looks like its a 100cell sports cat? And new exhaust.

Im not really up todate with all of the above.

And the dealer sold it to me as a standard car. :confused1:

Last edited:
is it an actual message saying "check emmisions" or engine management light, i had the engine management light flash once with my standard exhaust whilst driving slow in hot weather clean one giving it a boot, suppose to be very common in warm weather driving like a granny. mines got a 100 cell sports cat, never had a problem, but mines a ktr exhaust. trying putting ron 99 fuel and some fueladditive cleaner and give it a good blast.

Its an actual message saying "check emmisions"

Filled up with v-power on tuesday.

Just been looking around and some say the 200 cell sports cat. solves the problem with the emmisions light?

Thanks for your help
Matt

you shouldnt have probs with a 100 cell TBH mate, people on here have had decats and no lights have come on.

Well,

Took the car to the dealers and the service department had a look.

They used there readers and they said the only fault that was showing was an "low fuel missfire reading" (What ever one of those is).

Asked about the exhaust senors and he came back with nope only one was above.

So they have reset it and they have also reset the ecu to learn my driving style?

*Bellamy - Nope mines a Nimbus 197 :smile:

Yet again the light has come back on. Called the dealer and they are getting back to me.

Im going to try some fuel cleanner and see what that does

you can plug in an obd2 reader and monitor the lambda signals in real time (well the one i have you can)

you can also force the ecu to run an emissions test and learn :thumbup1:

i did 200 miles with the check message on and as soon as i put decent fuel in it it went straight off. mines de catted so doubt it'll be the cat thats causing it.

Just waiting on the Renault dealer to get back to me.

I have a friend that has a scan gauge hopefully that will shed some light.

I have a decat and never recieved this message on my dash so I wouldn't condemn the sports cat.

If you want a good fuel cleaner get some bg44k off eBay, it's the shizzle!