Check Emissions light after fitting V6 airbox

Fernandez

Gold Member
Fitted a V6 airbox but now I have a "Check Emissions" message, the spanner and engine light is on too.

At first I completely removed the little trumpet and blocked the vacuum pipe, one,I noticed the light I reinstalled the trumpet as I guessed it was throwing the fault because I had unplugged the solenoid.

Anyone experienced the same issue with a V6 airbox or similar setups?

there must be some kinda of air sensor on the intake that u havent connected back up or something like that. either that or u have wiped or map, ( cant remember if it has been mapped ) as you only get that message when the two lambor sensors read different to each other

have you tried running it now the solenoid is plugged back in?

how is it running? lumpy? smooth?

double check all the wiring plugs connections in the area you have been working - its easy to dislodge a multi-plug etc to cause a fault...

As you well know its "Totally Standard" (in the wives eyes.. Lol) but it was mapped when I first had the Miltek, but I can't see how I could wipe the map, and even then why would it throw a fault.

have you tried running it now the solenoid is plugged back in?

how is it running? lumpy? smooth?

double check all the wiring plugs connections in the area you have been working - its easy to dislodge a multi-plug etc to cause a fault...

Taken it out for a run and it spluttered once at 5.5k but then its been ok.

I'll check all the connectors

are the warning lights still on?

i have started and stopped mine a few times when cold and its made the emissions warning light flash on - i think it just sooted up the plugs a bit - cleared after a short run!

Know anyone with and ODBII reader? You could get the fault from that I would imagine and it'll point you in the right direction.

Know anyone with and ODBII reader? You could get the fault from that I would imagine and it'll point you in the right direction.

this or renault dealer to use the clip system...

if you were closer could have used my obd2 scanner!

I've got a cheap hand held one, would that clear codes, i could pop over tomorrow.

by the sounds of it its not a case of clearing a fault its still got one - needs to see what fault is logged and then go from there really...

Yep, although its not impossible that the ECU hasn't just sh@t itself after having the V6 box fitted and just needs clearing and good run to learn its new amount of air coming in

must be something not fitted correctly cause i had no problems with my v6 airbox set up.
have you got the little pipe still plumed in? this is what mine looks like and runs fine

img1705si.jpg

must be something not fitted correctly cause i had no problems with my v6 airbox set up.
have you got the little pipe still plumed in? this is what mine looks like and runs fine

I originally took the pipe of, stfarted the car and got the fault, I've since refitted the pipe and trumpet, faults still there.

Re trace your steps. Fit the original and see if it goes out:s just retrace your steps :smiley:

Might have to try this

this is true, but you never know, special coughing and what not at 5.5k revs?

That happened once tho on its first run out after I had warmed it up. So it was the first time it went on cam with the new airflow. I reckon that was just the car still learning the new increased airflow.

Last edited: