Cheap drivers seat options

Hello,

My drivers seat (non recaro) has seen better days, it squeaks and now the back has begun rocking a little.

I was looking what options are available, I don't want recaros, but are open to ideas. Only have £300 for this endeavour. Is there anything known to be a direct fit?

Any ideas chaps?

Last edited:
So far I have found a Clio gt interior that would fit the bill as I believe the drivers seats are identical except they are part leather.

The annoying thing is they have GT in the middle of the back of the seat... wish it was on the head rest so it would be a easy swap.

There's a set of Clio 3 RS seats on eBay for £229.99.

There's also a set of evo 8 recaros which are £150 but need a slight repair on the side bolsters :wink:

The seat is squeaking really bad now and I seem to of missed my chance on eBay.

Are there any seats that will fit the standard rails?

Anything else in the Renault range share the fitment?

Last edited:
Looks like im going to have to stick with a standard seat, (Else ill have to get rid of the Cabasse as well) if I can find one.

Just sack off the Cabasse for a £50-70 head unit, should be able to get something half decent (better than Renault) with USB connectivity for that.

I reckon a set of Recaro Trendlines from Evo 5/Evo 6/Accord Type R should look good in a 197 and you can get them for fairly cheap. Only pain in the arse is bolting them in but it's not too difficult. You'd need a pair of Clio III specific base frames that you can get from OMP or Cobra, then bolt or weld the Trendline runners to the base frame. You might need to grind some bits off to make them flat enough to mount to the base frame but its not going to be hard to do.

Then, just do the old resistor mod to bridge the airbag wires and it's job done! :thumbup1:

I think I'll be doing something like this if I can save the dosh together. My driver's seat is also squeaking/rocking/clicking and I have a Cabasse so I'm in the same situation!

I just wish there was some where I could buy a compete seat, even have it fitted.

The resistor mod scares me. I am proper rubbish at diy'ing.

Surely theres someone on here with a couple of standard front seats

Ive got a set of megane half leather front seats but not sure if theyll fit

Ha Ha, I have fixed the squeak at least, seemingly managed to spray the right bit under the seat (but inside it) with WD40. The car now stinks of the stuff, just glad I don't smoke.