Changing rear speakers

How difficult is it to change rear speakers in a 200? is it any different to a 197?

The reason I ask is I am getting a price for installing them but the installers seem to think it is a difficult job and is somehow different to a 197?

Could someone give me a guideline of what I should be looking to pay labour only to have Alpine SPG-13CS in the front and Alpine SPG-13C2 in the rear.

My car is a FF 200.

Thank,
Paul

Do your current rear speakers work?

In my 200 the rears are connected but don't work as the wiring isn't connected the head unit side.

Removing the rear speakers is a five minute job; pull of speaker grill unscrew speakers!

Fitting rears is easy yes, unless your re-wiring for an amplifier etc in which case will be slightly more difficult, personally wouldnt bother with that especially to the rear of the car.

These days a good headunit upgrade and decent front components will see all the sound requirements you really need.

What Dan said...if you do replace rears though, get some anti-squeak tape to fit round the grilles before re-fitting. I've done a quick guide in this section somewhere.

So changing rears shouldn't take long at all for an installer?

I myself are useless with this sort of stuff rather just pay someone but obviously not pay over the top!

What would you think of a rough price to install the 2 sets of speakers I mentioned above?

Do your current rear speakers work?

In my 200 the rears are connected but don't work as the wiring isn't connected the head unit side.

What kind of bs is this!?

Did you upgrade your HU aswell?
I'm getting an alpine HU with ctsrn005 lead, the rear speakers better work!

The rear speakers didn't work with the original or current after market head unit I use.

That's ridiculous, why even have the wires there if they're not connected the other end, doesn't make sense at all...

Anyone got an idea of what I should be looking to pay?

Considering the wirings already there & you just have to pop the covers off, cut 2 bits of plastic, then screw in the new speakers (assuming you dont have the trouble Carl Pearce had with the wires not being connected at the HU end) i wouldn't pay anyone more than a tenner to do it. If that.

Last edited: