Change Cabasse with an aftermarket

Hi guys i've just bought, in Italy, an RS of 2007.

Actually it has the Cabasse sistem with the 6cd.

I need to find a solution to listen my usb mp3.

I was thinking to change the radio with an Alpine CDE-123R and to mantein the steering and display i would buy the ALPINE APF-D102RE.

But i have read that in the mainboard there isn't the real radio but there is only the power cable and the connection to the real radio that is under the passenger seat.

If i would like to change all with the Alpine how can i connect it if the future radio will be in the mainboard and the other cables are under the passenger seat? Should I disconnect the old cables from under the seat and look for extensions that come up to the new radio? Is an economical solution or are there better ones?

I would simply use the usb with the radio.

pretty sure thats all you need to do mate extend the aireal cable upto the new HU behind the dash

With HU what do you mean?

Sorry but my english is not so good.

However i'll check the price to extend the aireal, iso and steering cable from the passenger to the dash.

I hope they don't have to disassemble an half of the car. :bash:

Probably now i have understand what i need to do if i would like to change my Cabasse.

Behinde the HU in the dash there are the extention of:
- iso
- power
- speaker

If i would like to mantein the steering commands i have to extend from the unit under the seat to the dash or there is an extention of them?

The aerial, i have understood, that needs to be extended to be pluged into the new radio.

When i change the radio i'll have simply to disconnect all from the unit under the seat?