Ceramic coatings

I'm tempted to try out one of the many ceramic / quartz coatings currently on the market. Do any of you use them?

I was looking at Gtechniq Exo, but due to the fact it needs panels to be 20 - 30c to cure correctly, that has to be discounted.

Which brand / product have you guys used, if any?

Wouldn't bother with EXO, it's not as durable amd suffers badly at the hands of alkali cleaners. I use Ceramishield, this chemically bonds to your paintwork and adds a little scratch resistance to your clearcoat. It sheets water, hydrophillic as opposed to it being hydrophobic.

Or you could try C1, thats the other way round.

I currently have Wolfs Hard Body on the Clio and am loving it. Its not ceramic though but it does add some scratch resistance.

Wouldn't bother with EXO, it's not as durable amd suffers badly at the hands of alkali cleaners. I use Ceramishield, this chemically bonds to your paintwork and adds a little scratch resistance to your clearcoat. It sheets water, hydrophillic as opposed to it being hydrophobic.

Or you could try C1, thats the other way round.

Cheers for the reccomendation. I'll get some ordered in the new year. Think i'll stick with the RG55 for this season, as it lasted over the last torrid winter we had.

I currently have Wolfs Hard Body on the Clio and am loving it. Its not ceramic though but it does add some scratch resistance.

I'm not sold on HB. A friend applied it to his R32, and while it added a certain 'glassy' finish, we found the longevity wasn't there - it seems very finicky as to the after care (i.e what types of shampoo to use / prewash etc)

Off the shelf products like Ceramishield or CquartzUk version would be my shout but if you wanted to go somewhere that did this for you look at G3 Glasscoat and you will have plenty of protection on there....there are only 2 authorised detailers for G3 Glasscoat though...one is me and the other is Nick at Clean Detail....

But as said if you are doing this yourself....one of the 2 mentioned...Cquartz is the easiest to apply but only has around 12 months durability where as ceramishield has around 2 yrs....

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Gallery 10