Centre caps

Wayneski200

Platinum Member
My renault sign on my centre caps are looking dull:thumbdown:what would you recommend to bring them back to life?:001_unsure:

you can take off the diamond - just remove the centre caps and look on the back - there will be little tabs from the back of the diamonds - push on these and the diamond will come off - then just wash them in some soapy water - job done

you can take off the diamond - just remove the centre caps and look on the back - there will be little tabs from the back of the diamonds - push on these and the diamond will come off - then just wash them in some soapy water - job done

Nice wee trick sir - thanks!

He mentioned they are dull which leads me to think that they might be pretty badly oxidised (which is a recurring problem for most 197's I believe). Washing them in soapy water won't make a difference if this is the case - something has to remove the oxidation and plastx should make one hell of a difference.

Nice wee trick sir - thanks!

He mentioned they are dull which leads me to think that they might be pretty badly oxidised (which is a recurring problem for most 197's I believe). Washing them in soapy water won't make a difference if this is the case - something has to remove the oxidation and plastx should make one hell of a difference.

when i got my 18 - the badges were "dull" - had to take them off for the referb - so took the diamonds off and washed them and they came up like new - from my experience anyway - others may be different