Cars recall

Hi everyone!
Here in Russia our official dealers recall all Clio RS 200 EDC, the say that it is "red level" - dangeorus for life and it is necessary to come for maintenance and change fuel sensor under a guarantee. Do you have similar situation in your country?
Thank you very much for replies

I know there is a fuel pressure sensor recall on the 1.6 DiG-T Nismo Juke which has a similar engine as the Clio so I would assume similar sensors attached? Can't comment on the 200T as we don't see many through the doors!

[MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION]

If you like, PM me your reg and I will check in the morning.

I got a letter on this through yesterday, no one else received one? I'm going to get mine booked in to get checked out.

I got two letters so must be urgent
but as I'm doing 7-12 shifts I don't have time to take my car in , why should I loose a days wages because Renault/ Nissan can't build their cars properly

I got two letters so must be urgent
but as I'm doing 7-12 shifts I don't have time to take my car in , why should I loose a days wages because Renault/ Nissan can't build their cars properly

Thats not really the right view to take. It happens in all new cars, recalls are a part of the development process.

I got a letter this morning, drove straight to Renault and booked it in for Wendesday.. could be the reason why my car seems to use an insane amount of fuel.

The part is more than likely not a Renault/Nissan part anyway. Pretty sure every single manufacture has some sort of niggling little issue like this.

I know few guys here in Moscow, who have already visited official dealers. Their fuel gauge was changed and mechanic said that their fuel gauge was ok and really there was no need to do it. And also they said that reason of recall company was that gauge wasn't tighten enough. I by myself decided not to do anything cause it takes too much time and my vin-number isn't in list of this recall company as my dealer said.
Thank you very much for replies, we have just 22 cars here in Moscow and it is hard to find any information.
In addition to that some of the owners are really interesting persons. One of them decided to use this car in a very interesting way. Now I see that Clio is very roomy car:smile: Here see photo:http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?49196-Clio-is-a-roomy-car

Thats not really the right view to take. It happens in all new cars, recalls are a part of the development process.

renault don't pay me to develops their cars so why should I spend my time in the garage
I've had new subarus , evos , hondas ,a few bmws and never had a recall or parts that were not developed properly
But cant complain at moment as the car is running perfect
to be honest my problem is probably stemmed from the dealer I got the car from
they were always coming up with some excuse not to fix it , like animals damaging the car , gravity affecting the car , we don't know how the r-link is supposed to work , we can't get a rack cause Renault factory is shut for a whole month etc etc the best excuse was ( its only a Renault )
just because it's a Renault doesn't mean it's inferior to other makes and their r and d and quality control should be up to what other manufacturers do
and my recall went perfect with a different dealer being perfect with top class service and no bull****

or maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy lol

Eddie,
I have to dis-agree in that recalls are part of the development process, they are no such thing and as an engineer for JLR I should know (although I accept that at times some customers may not think so). The development process relies on both manufacturer testing and supplier testing, so manufacturers some times rely on their suppliers to confirm part is fit for production. unfortunately in some cases parts are found to fail prematurely for a multitude of reasons and the manufacturing processes are found to be deficient and when this is evident recalls are issued. Manufacturers go out of their way to prevent recalls (although some customers may not feel it is that way) as recalls, along with vehicle breakdowns, are the easiest way to lose present and future customers.

Similar Thread Suggestions