Carpet wear

Just fitted some nice new renaultsport mats (thanks Karl) - removed the old ones and almost passed out when i saw the wear through to underlay just below the drivers heal pad.

56k and worn carpet - what the hell did Renault make this stuff from ??

I see a few people have suffered this - has anyone replaced the front carpet ? If so any idea on cost and how much of an effort is it.

Hoping to get the car up to Steve for a full retrim - might see if he can fit a front carpet while he's at it :001_rolleyes:

Dean.

All ways had mats so never had that problem personally but there has been a couple of cases of this happening.
Can't wait to see the interior after Steve as had his hands on it seen one Antony 197F1 had his done and was amazing

I replaced mine, isn't too much of a job to be honest. Front and rear are two different sections, though front is easier if rear is removed first.

Remove front seats
Remove rear seat bases
Remove centre console
Remove door sill trims
Possibly also remove lower seat belt bars.

Thats about it.

All ways had mats so never had that problem personally but there has been a couple of cases of this happening.
Can't wait to see the interior after Steve as had his hands on it seen one Antony 197F1 had his done and was amazing

Yep looking forward to getting it done - havent had a car without a bit of cow hide for years :thumbup:

I replaced mine, isn't too much of a job to be honest. Front and rear are two different sections, though front is easier if rear is removed first.

Remove front seats
Remove rear seat bases
Remove centre console
Remove door sill trims
Possibly also remove lower seat belt bars.

Thats about it.

Cheers Ralphy - doesnt sound too bad.

Shall pm Karl for a price

Dean