Car not locking

Came to lock my car today using the buttons on both the drivers and passanger side handles but nothing worked so had to lock it with the button on the key card. I have read some threads about needing to charge the battery in the card that operates the keyless entry/locking which I get but surely if the battery needed charging in my card it wouldn't work when coming to unlock the car which is does. Also tried to lock the car using the boot button on the centre of the Renault badge and this works fine. Just seems like the buttons on the passanger and drivers door have packed in as all other keyless features like unlocking and starting still work fine! Anyone else experienced this? Sounds like a trip to the dealer to get shafted........:scared:

Simply on the side it's not locking the button is stuck in unlock still works as the car always thinks it's locked . It's nothing to do with the key card this recharges in the key slot in the car btw so next time u go for a drive slot the key in the slot under the hazard buttonto charge the card . If your button keeps still not working u require a new door Handel mate ..... mine just had the same thing ....

Hth

Wish it was that simple, both buttons operate fine, they don't seem to be gettin stuck in the lock position? Unless the internals of the button is stuck possibly? If I was stuck in the on position woulnt it lock imediatley after you shut the door when you got out the car? Is the handle an easy swap to do yourself do you know?

To be honest I didn't know the slot charged the card I thought it was there to overuse the keyless go should the card fail you can just put it in the slot.

It's not the button as such it's the internals mate .... No it would jot lock all the time as it's stuck in NOT being pressed repetely it's like if you hold down the number two button on your tv remote and then press 3 at the same time 3 won't work if u get me

Hth

Yeah I get what you mean mate butif this was the case and the internal were stuck in the locked position it would either not unlock by putting your hand infront of the sensor because like you say the fact it was constantly trying to lock would overide it being unlocked or as soon as I turned the engine off and I got out the car it would lock on it's own without me having to press any buttons on the card or door? It locksfine with the fob and unlocks by the sensor behind the handle so I'll leave it for a while too see if it's just a gremlin that cures itself! Got more important things to spend money on which reminds me, do you still have the eibachs going mate?

I've just had the exact same problem and had the handel changed by Renault and that's the reason they gave me now it's fine. Argue about the cause etc If u will but u need a new Handel fact !

Not argueing mate just been fobbed off by Renault before and want to make sure that's the problem before I take it there as it's out of warrenty by a few months....

the card slot does not charge the key card btw

It does according to Renault.
There is a rechargable battery deep within the card that works the keyless start and entry stuff, and a replacable battery that works the buttons on the key card.
That's what Renault told me anyways.