Car alarm won't stop going off?

the alarm has an led but its not on show - its coiled up with the extra wiring of the alarm in the boot - the led flashes to tell you whats triggered it...

I'll have to try get to open the boot through the rear seats.

With the alarm going off, that's going to be deafening :worried:

SO the plot thickens.

I noticed yesterday when I was staring outside at the car, and it was raining that the windscreen was all cloudy - from the inside. Instantly knew it was water and tonight my thoughts were confirmed. Opened the passenger side door and the footwell feels like it's had a mini tsunami in the car.

So I need to know, oh wise people, where it's getting in and more importantly, HOW it's effecting the electrics?

I noticed my battery was almost drained as well. Lights were barely on, the indicators didn't flash when the central locking opened and the lights on the doors on the inside just flicker.

Help people, help me out.

So I think I found the route cause of my problem...

1y6l.jpg

That is seeping in everywhere down the passenger footwell.

The drivers side is just as bad. Anyone know what that connector is for? [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION]?

That is seeping in everywhere down the passenger footwell.

The drivers side is just as bad. Anyone know what that connector is for? [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION]?

Is this not the small drains being blocked in the end of the scuttle? There's a thread somewhere on how to clean them out

I dunno. Why would that cause all the electrics to go funny though?

I'll see what happens when it dries out I guess. That's all I can do.

I dunno. Why would that cause all the electrics to go funny though?

I'll see what happens when it dries out I guess. That's all I can do.

a lot of the systems are sort of networked and inter-linked so can cause issues....

when you switch stuff on your not actually sending power to it your telling a "computer" to switch it on or make it work (in simple terms)

I guess it's just a case of plug in and see! Whilst clenching my bum cheeks.

At least I know what the route cause is, even if I don't know whether I can fix it..

Bumpsies.

Charged the battery on a trickle charge for about 6 hours today, and the car didn't do anything. The dash lights come on, I get the Spanner and "Steering Wheel Not Locked", but I kinda expected those after the battery had been disconnected.

But the alarm light flashes and clicks at me.

Would this be down to me disconnecting the alarm and whatever else I ripped out at the time or more to do with the battery needing more charge?

Similar Thread Suggestions