Car alarm won't stop going off?

Rogue

Platinum Member
So I unlocked my car, alarm went off. No idea why...couldn't get it to turn off.

Put the card in the dash and started the car. Still going off.

Got out, relocked the car, the alarm turned off after a while and stayed off. Unlocked and opened the door and went off again.

Tried to disconnect the battery and it was still going off.

Car is fine if I leave it alone and locked but otherwise it sets off.

Any ideas?

Have disconnected the battery and left it off to see if anything resets.

ill give it half hour then go back out, see if it fixes anything.

might be worth a try - put some blue tack over the ends of the ultra-sonics and see if it makes a difference..

on the rear hatch pillars

open the boot and look at the rear upper side panels - you will see the sender/receiver - one on each side pillar trim

So i closed all the doors and left the BONNET ajar and the alarm wouldn't stop going off. Pushed it down and the car realised all the panels were closed so it stopped.

Also can't start the car now. Immobilizer kicking in?

Car has been sitting there for a week, had no issues with this before, so got to be some kind of electrical fault?

I found this on CS, doesn't specify what car it's for but anyone know if this works for 197's?

[h=2]Re: Alarm keeps going off whenever i open a door...[/h]
Or how about pressing and holding the trip computer button while turning the ignition on? Doesn't that recalibrate everything as well?
You know... the thing where all the lights flash on and the needles dance about.​

I found this on CS, doesn't specify what car it's for but anyone know if this works for 197's?

that's the 172/182 instrument panel test sequence...

have oyu tried a different keycard and put it in the dash slop?

Ok so right now the car is locked, the dash display is flicking on and off and the indicators are kind of going on and off in a 3 blinks sequence mode.

Tried using the spare key, but doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Have taken the battery off and stuck it on a fast charge.

Will replace both keyfob batteries tomorrow.

If it continues I'll just have to disconnect the alarm so I can at least fault find. Only thing I can think of is some kind of water ingress somewhere which has caused the alarm to kick in.

Battery made no difference. Alarm went off as soon as I connected the positive terminal.

managed to "disarm" the alarm by pressing start 5 times rapidly, the alarm changed to a high pitched squeal. The central locking them stopped working.

So held in the start button and it reset everything, but alarm kicked in again.

Rear lights were on at one point and wouldn't go off.

Cant open the boot at all.

Central locking kicked back in after resetting everything.

What the actual fudge?

Sounds like you have water ingress some where? Sorry not a great help. When you do disarm do you get a number of beeps when you open the door? That points to the sensor that is triggering the alarm.

Similar Thread Suggestions