Can't make my mind up. Please help me decide!

Ah, where might that be then? Somewhere around here I don't know about? :smile:

I usually go to Harrats in Wakefield as I bought the car there and they're an RS dealer.

you will find harratts ponte very accommodating :tongueout:anic:

Do tell...

a couple of good guys there that look after the yorkshire posse...

they sometimes come to the monthly meets as well

also consider brain leighton garages - its in goole but also a good bunch and know how to look after us rs fanatics :zap:

a couple of good guys there that look after the yorkshire posse...

they sometimes come to the monthly meets as well

also consider brain leighton garages - its in goole but also a good bunch and know how to look after us rs fanatics :zap:

Interesting. The old head (can't remember his name) of the service dept. at Wakefield used to look after me when I had my 133.
He's since moved to Pontefract Harrats.

Well, if I get anything wrong that I think Wakefield will try and blame on mods I'll have to nip down to Pontefract :smile: .

Had my center removed about a month ago, at first i thought oh no what have i done as it sounds tinny at first, but giving it a few weeks the exhaust beds in and sounds brilliant! My 197 is booked in on the 23rd to get re-mapped so i will see if that eases the flat spot, as my flat spot is pretty horrific, like people have already said though, you can drive round the flat spot.

Get it done :smiley:

My 197 is booked in on the 23rd to get re-mapped so i will see if that eases the flat spot, as my flat spot is pretty horrific, like people have already said though, you can drive round the flat spot.

Get it done :smiley:

I'll look forward to hearing how you get on!

Booked into RS Tuning on the 13th of May. Getting them to tig in a straight pipe and remap it.
Hopefully should have a nice sounding car without a flatspot.

I'm going to be the protagonist here and say that I had it done, i liked it to start with but I quickly got quite tiresome of the flatspot and the noise is not exactly refined. Very tinny and raspy, sounds like an M3 but without and of the low tones.

In the end I just bought a full k-tec system, sounds MUCH better, I got alot more remarks about how my car sounds now.

Obviously it's only me saying you shouldn't, it's a cheap mod no doubt, but if you can spend 15-20 grand on a car, £400 for a decent exhaust shouldnt break the bank....

I'm going to be the protagonist here and say that I had it done, i liked it to start with but I quickly got quite tiresome of the flatspot and the noise is not exactly refined. Very tinny and raspy, sounds like an M3 but without and of the low tones.

In the end I just bought a full k-tec system, sounds MUCH better, I got alot more remarks about how my car sounds now.

Obviously it's only me saying you shouldn't, it's a cheap mod no doubt, but if you can spend 15-20 grand on a car, £400 for a decent exhaust shouldnt break the bank....

Completely know where you're coming from mate.
But....I've been there and bought the t-shirt when it comes to moddifying cars.

Just want to do a cheap mod as you say.
£400 for a full system isn't bad but then I've got another £400 to spend on a remap. Would be a pricey day!
I know a tinny rasp isn't to everyone's liking but I love that sound.

Did you get yours mapped after you had the silencer removed?

Completely know where you're coming from mate.
But....I've been there and bought the t-shirt when it comes to moddifying cars.

Just want to do a cheap mod as you say.
£400 for a full system isn't bad but then I've got another £400 to spend on a remap. Would be a pricey day!
I know a tinny rasp isn't to everyone's liking but I love that sound.

Did you get yours mapped after you had the silencer removed?

Yeh had a map, it was 95% better than without, but then I decatted too and the flatspot was back. Another remap, and it was bareable again....

The I bought the K-Tec rear section and left a strigjht through middle, with K-tec back box and no centre silencer it was like driving a thunder storm lol

SO then I added in the k-tec centre section and I am finally happy :001_wub:

Yeh had a map, it was 95% better than without, but then I decatted too and the flatspot was back. Another remap, and it was bareable again....

The I bought the K-Tec rear section and left a strigjht through middle, with K-tec back box and no centre silencer it was like driving a thunder storm lol

SO then I added in the k-tec centre section and I am finally happy :001_wub:

Ah ok cool. Thanks mate.

I'll report back in a couple of weeks hopefully with good things to say.

Let's just hope this isn't the slippery slope of the moddifying game!

Similar Thread Suggestions