Can anyone remap the kangaroo'ing out ?

Wife tells me she is no longer in love with Clio because of this and is hinting at wanting rid.

We've had the car nearly two years and its not time to sell it yet !!

I have to agree with her though it is damn annoying and rather than just at cold start up it seems to be becoming more normal even when warm.

I don't usually have a problem with it, but have noticed even i cant get past it some times when i pull away.

Any suggestions appreciated - not ready for a Mini Countryman just yet !!

Doesn't work for all cars... :001_unsure:

Does in mine when I first bought mine nearly 7 yr ago now I spoke to Renault engineers at N E C and they said then the only way to stop it was to turn TC off.Like you say though might not work for all :worried: But never let me down :smile:

Thanks - shall try the TC trick then...

Do you turn it back on once car is fully warmed up ?

Dont want her putting it in a ditch :smile:

Get a remap done at Ktec. I'm looking to have one done soon, perhaps they will give some off if a few of us did it?

most re-maps only map at full throttle and don't influence the cold start running....need to make sure you tell them you want better cold start
running etc

I had mine remapped at TDF, the cold start is much better now. Not perfect but I don't think any mapper manages to completely solve the kangarooing. I tried the TC trick a few times and didn't think it really made much difference

Do you have experience of this one yourself ?

Not expensive if it cures it !!

He did, as have I, in my case the kangarooing is gone, it can feel very hesitant when cold but that's to be expected, fine after a few mins. Also helped with the flatspot I had.

Try rapid remap - their testimonials state complete removal of flat spots and better cold starts and they have a deal on for clio RS! Maybe we can get a bulk buy going!!

I never experienced any "kangarooing" in the 200. Yes, there is the restricted performance/cold map after the car has been sitting for a while (Overnight or during work for example) but no kangarooing.

I thought this was just me! I get this when pulling out from junctions and roundabouts from time to time.

Only had the car just over a month, and I must admit its starting to annoy me already. My partner says you can't tell but it's embarrassing!

I never experienced any "kangarooing" in the 200. Yes, there is the restricted performance/cold map after the car has been sitting for a while (Overnight or during work for example) but no kangarooing.

"some of" the cold running issues were mapped out on the 200 - the majority don't suffer from it they just feel as you say sort of hesitant!

Actually, I'll go back on what I said earlier. Since my remap I haven't had kangarooing as such but like others have said it still feels very hesitant. Much more than any other car I've ever driven

I let mine warm up, but I drive down my road in first gear and it stays at 2000rpm regardless of throttle input and won't go any higher. Once at the end of the road it wakes up and is fine.

Seem to have this problem myself. Been more noticeable the last few mornings (as it's been colder at night) only have a two mile drive to work and it really only happens for the first minute of driving it is more annoying than anything. Car is a bit of an unknown quantity to be fair. Test drove it and HAD to have it Scorpion exhaust fitted but haven't even checked to see if its got a panel filter fitted and no idea if it's been mapped