Can an aftermarket head unit with canbus adapter affect the one-touch windows?

Since installing the new stereo the one-touch windows won't reset. I've tried everything. I'm sure they are not moisture affected, as I think they worked flawlessly before installing. Both sides act up the same and won't initialize.

I've tried every procedure there is, including initializing the sunroof as per the workshop instructions, with the engine running and all, before initializing the windows. Nothing. They will only open and close in safe-mode 50mm at a time.

I know there is a difference between the key models, like mine, and the key-card ones.

Has anyone had similar problems? The sunroof is fine which makes me think the computer is fine too. Still something is preventing it from authorizing the one-touch function.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, yes. At least 50 times :smile:. Thanks anyway.

I've had this problem for more than a year. I'm selling the car now and need to fix it.

I would have thought the electronics in the door had failed if only one window had this problem. Since both failed at the same time I belive the fault lies in the UCH which is connected to the canbus.

Last edited:
Did you also installed new speakers? If yes you may want to remove the speakers and see if they are back to normal.

Yes I did. But they have new cables so that shouldnt be a problem. however, the installation may have damaged a cable in the a-pillar connectors. I'm currently troubleshooting that. I also think I need to check the UCH computer for fault codes, so that is my next step. The system is quite complex. I still haven't fully grasped how it is wired and where the cables go.

Yes. Had this problem. Tried alot of troubleshooting. In the end realise magnet from the speaker affect the operation of the window one touch. Put some sound proof mat around the motor and everything back to normal.

The sound proof mat i use is STP silver.

Thanks. Unlikely as it seems removing the speakers did in fact solve the problem. You solved a 2 year old mystery :smile:

I decided to reinstall the stock speakers, only to realize after removing everything related to the aftermarket stereo that I have thrown away the original door speakers. Now I need to find a used pair somewhere, which is good because I wanted to keep my alpine stuff anyway.

I had this problem too. Easiest fix it to shield the speakers.

I just wrapped some metal strips around the magnet and it solved the problem.