Cambelt Due Next May... Should I Also Go For Cams?...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Bonjour!!!

Just been having a chat about my ''shopping list'' with my dad... Next May, my cambelt will be due a change and I know it wouldn't cost a great deal more (labour-wise) to have some new cams fitted at the same time and as I was planning a remap anyway that wouldn't be an issue for me. Is it a worthwhile investment on the 197?

I use my car mainly for weekend fun as well as commuting 3 times a week (15Mile round trip, me and dad take it in turns driving in as we work together) as well as 2-3 trackdays per year. She rarely gets used for shopping etc., as we tend to walk or do that online. I'd bascially like a little more shove without sacrifing drive-ability. I've searched and read about Shrick & Catcams and some being pretty wild, so can anybody reccomend a specific one that might be suitable?

Also, out of interest, do the Cup racers run the standard cams?

Cheers,

Will

Cup racers are standard yep

Would be best bang for buck mod you can do. Is a fair bit of extra work but I would get some quotes and have a think about it for sure

They really aren't that wild on the Clio I would imagine

Cool, I'll have a look around then. Got a while to save up yet like, probably just as well. :smiley: