Cam testing results on Clio 200.

Here are some details on the cams we have installed in a Clio 200 we currently have here for testing.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/news.asp

Next we will be testing a new pre cat delete pipe we have had made.

A complete supply and fit cam package will now be available in the next couple of weeks.

David.

No, that is flywheel power measured on our DD. We do not see many 197/200 produce more than this and we test around 5 a week.

The dyno is used to measure before and after gains, not to compare figures achieved on other cars on other dynos.

David.

Another one requesting costs :smile:

The only thing that would bother me is the extra power looks all top end? One of the things I like about the Catcams in our 182 is they made the 4K-6K power a lot better rather than at 7.5K

If you look at the graph you will see good gains in torque from just over 3000rpm. The car drives much better because of this, as well as much smoother. The idle is also still very steady.

Cost wise the cam package will be £1431 (inc VAT) supplied and fitted including a new cambelt kit, 1 pair of camshafts, fitting and mapping on our dyno.

David.

Thanks for the information David. I'd have to admit that this sounds like a bargain to me, considering that I'm gonna have to change the cambelt soon. So approximately 1k for 20bhp and smooth delivery? Not bad at all! Of course we are talking about original parts yeah? (cambelt kit)

Hi david! I'm an italian boy!
I see your test on dyno and it is a very good work..

I try the schrick cams last year but i had some problem!
In italy we don't know why after some kilometers, the remap lose some new values and return similar @ the standard maps.

Can you tell me what software do you use for remap our sagem 3000 ecu..

This info is not for me (i fitted another ecu and some clio r3 engine parts) but for my mates in italy...

We buy often from you, clio rs italia forum :wink:

Hi david! I'm an italian boy!
I see your test on dyno and it is a very good work..

I try the schrick cams last year but i had some problem!
In italy we don't know why after some kilometers, the remap lose some new values and return similar @ the standard maps.

Can you tell me what software do you use for remap our sagem 3000 ecu..

This info is not for me (i fitted another ecu and some clio r3 engine parts) but for my mates in italy...

We buy often from you, clio rs italia forum :wink:

This is why i've never bothered remapping my 197. You'll find most mappers tell you what you want to hear, rather than whats done to stop the remap being trimmed back to o.e/

good results indeed!

And it looks like a good spread of extra power, so should feel a fair bit quicker throughout the rev range.

Throttle body setup next???? :smiley:

Hold on a minute...

Did I just read in the topic "Cam testing results on Clio 200" the following:
by Simoxmino and subsequently the answer by Gaz that the Sagem 3000 after mapping returns to the original values after some time????

Did I just read in the topic "Cam testing results on Clio 200" the following:
by Simoxmino and subsequently the answer by Gaz that the Sagem 3000 after mapping returns to the original values after some time????

It affects some remaps more than others. I've never had that problem but it was an issue when the cars were first being modded.

I've never had any problems with my remap from TDF, flat spot has stayed away and cold start is still massively improved. The remap was done about a year ago :smile:

It affects some remaps more than others. I've never had that problem but it was an issue when the cars were first being modded.

Ben, do you mean when you leave everything standard and just get a remap you won't get this issue. But when you do some other mods first (f.i. cams or decat or aftermarket exhaust, ...) and then a remap so that the ECU needs bigger adjustments (maps) it will eventually revert back to it's factory settings?

Similar Thread Suggestions