Caliper Painting Quote

Wanted people's opinion on getting my calipers, painted red - currently silver. I have black alloys.

Local company have quoted me £150, all in for 4 calipers, including labour/brembo decals.

Good/Bad price?
Anyone else paid similar, less or more?

Example below from a Range Rover:
25238_1167000474933_1825585213_318847_2494198_n.jpg

Bit of a perfectionist if I'm honest, and from other guides/people's thoughts, the finish will be much better if powdercoated.

What paint are you using?

My 197 is a 2006, so calipers are pretty pity, have to get some photos up after you done them :smile:

I dont recall the make, its some high temp paint specifically for this though. Think I may have bought it on ebay from a recommendation on here.

Be sure I'll do pics. Just have to decide if i can get away with just taking the wheel off and masking everything off or go for the strip down route..

That Brembo logo looks well dodgy, it makes the brakes look fake. If you pay this company to do it make sure you don't get a mickey mouse logo.

Last edited:
Wanted people's opinion on getting my calipers, painted red - currently silver. I have black alloys.

Local company have quoted me £150, all in for 4 calipers, including labour/brembo decals.

Good/Bad price?
Anyone else paid similar, less or more?

Example below from a Range Rover:
25238_1167000474933_1825585213_318847_2494198_n.jpg

did mine this weekend- did the stickers myself! dont think they look too bad if im honest :smile:

heres some pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 62
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpeg1.jpg
    image.jpeg1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 41
Danny they look spot on.Did you remove them or do them on the car???

Ahhh, thanks. I just did them on the car for the moment! :worried: do you jut take them off with the two Allen key bolts? I need to do them properly in the summer. But they look fine as they are! Aha!

Please don use the heat resistant paint from the likes of halfords, it's awful, if you're a perfectionist like me you'd never be happy with it. £150 isn't bad if they are doing the job right, as in shot blasting them and either powder coating or stove enamelling them :smile:

Please don use the heat resistant paint from the likes of halfords, it's awful, if you're a perfectionist like me you'd never be happy with it. £150 isn't bad if they are doing the job right, as in shot blasting them and either powder coating or stove enamelling them :smile:

what was the problem you had with the paint? mine seems fine :smile:

what was the problem you had with the paint? mine seems fine :smile:

Me it never looks as nice as powder coating etc, the coverage just isn't right. It's also a lot softer and more prone to flaking. I don't want to sound as though I'm rubbishing it just that I'm a perfectionist. I've used those kind of paints before and powder coating is loads better

Renault quoted me £216 and then the sales guy accidently slipped with where he gets them done, so I went direct.

They're the official body shop for Renault Cannock and a local BMW, Mercedes and Audi dealers. That gives me confidence.

I've had a quote for £80 + VAT for painting them on the car from said body shop.

I wish I had Dannys skills! Those look awesome mate.

Renault quoted me £216 and then the sales guy accidently slipped with where he gets them done, so I went direct.

They're the official body shop for Renault Cannock and a local BMW, Mercedes and Audi dealers. That gives me confidence.

I've had a quote for £80 + VAT for painting them on the car from said body shop.

I wish I had Dannys skills! Those look awesome mate.

Aha, thanks mate. All it takes is good preparation. A good clean to remove brake dust then you can see where your sanding. Then sand down and then wipe and clean again. I took my time an it took me a day to to each calliper. It did take a few coats with the halfords stuff but my mate said its just as good as the expensive paints he's bought. So I tried it. And so far, no flaking or anything! Would do a thread of before and after if I knew how to upload large pictures! :worried: also made the stickers myself! :smile: