Bye Bye MK III RS

Change we all hate it but when you think of what we have got and others will miss out on.What comes next will be someone else's eirer and then change will happen again but probably not for the better but that's the world we live in today

So I've got the start and end of the RS era lol: ph1 172, the very first production RS and a 197, the last sexy RS :tongueout:

Good times for me, bad times for RS fans.

Steve hit the nail on the head, they could've at least painted the last one something special. Lunar grey would've been a good shout.

Should have made the last one a special colour- lunar grey or something like that!

Good call! Just what I was thinking. Missed a trick there I reckon.

Horrible colour...... :eek:

Steve hit the nail on the head, they could've at least painted the last one something special. Lunar grey would've been a good shout.

they choose a colour that would stand out and could be seen when its damp dull and overcast...

I wouldn't really class the 197 / 200 as standout RS's imo :S

The three that spring to mind for me are the Williams / 172 Cup and 182 Trophy.

IMO of course.

...I wish I'd kept mine now...i wonder who is going to be driving the last one?

Well it's not going to be me... I'm still waiting for mine and it's listed at the dealer as (still on the line), but I ordered it in RB! Can't have been far off one of the last though!

Its not all bad.....hopefully good example 200's will at least hold value better and in years to come may even go up as the last n/a hot hatch and a true drivers car. To me, its slightly linked with the 911 gt3. the 911 has just gone through a similar thing with the transfer to electronic steering and its reported that the new gt3 may only be pdk. Its a shame as the performance car scene is changing rapidly atm and some would say for the better but i say for the worst! This is coming from someone that would never even look twice at a 458 or 12C and head straight for a Noble M600 :smile:

I wouldn't really class the 197 / 200 as standout RS's imo :S

The three that spring to mind for me are the Williams / 172 Cup and 182 Trophy.

IMO of course.

Thats coz there were no other cars like them at the time in the sector.

The MK3 has had lots of competition.

Its not all bad.....hopefully good example 200's will at least hold value better and in years to come may even go up as the last n/a hot hatch and a true drivers car. To me, its slightly linked with the 911 gt3. the 911 has just gone through a similar thing with the transfer to electronic steering and its reported that the new gt3 may only be pdk. Its a shame as the performance car scene is changing rapidly atm and some would say for the better but i say for the worst...

big difference in just changing the steering and the gearbox....compared to what has been ripped out of the clio....

if true to its "roots" renault would have brought out a new n/a 2.0 with direct injection - twin variable camshafts - variable valve lift and inlet manifold...

Is the site going to accommodate for the new Clio? As for the Clio 197/200 not being a stand out Clio, I couldn't disagree more :-/

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gilmos1 Clio 200T Area 10
C Clio General Chat 14
Webby Clio General Chat 27
T Other Renault Sports 37
Roy Clio General Chat 40