200: Buying my first ever renaultsport car EVER friday

Hi guys, new to this whole scene, my father drove the old shape Renault Megan renaultsport model years ago and couldn't stop saying how brilliant it was for weeks, I have now taken the dive into the world of renaultsport cars and got myself a white clio 200, they are preparing it now, should be ready Friday if nothing terrible turns out to be wrong with it (12 months warranty with it) I know about the widely complained about gearbox problem, there was no crunching while driving but the gearbox was stiff when cold, in any case, we will see what I have bought myself into Friday and the weekend, I'm sure if anything is wrong you will know about it soon haha

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Wouldn't worry about the gearbox, they're all stiff when they are cold. Would probably benefit from an gearbox oil change though. Got any pics of the car?

I can try to get some sorted out, its not openly stated if it is the standard car with the upgraded cup chassis or if it is just the normal car, is there any way to check?

Welcome!

As above dont fret about the gearbox too much, they do go sometimes but its not too common.

I can try to get some sorted out, its not openly stated if it is the standard car with the upgraded cup chassis or if it is just the normal car, is there any way to check?

Eaasiest way to check is the colour of the calipers. Silver = full fat. Red = Cup chassis. If the bump strips are colour coded AND calipers are red, it's likely to be a FF with cup chassis.

Its all white with the front grill area being black, with the front splitter (2009 model) its got brembo break callipers but also has climate control! So would that lead you guys to believe that its the best of the bunch, the standard car with the cup chassis?

welcome..dont worry about the stiff gears..we all have it especially now in the winter...enjoy ur new ride

Red Brembo calipers & climate control suggests full fat with cup chassis yes.

My main concern is my new pride and joy deciding it doesn't like its gearbox all of a sudden haha, but with any sports car there are always going to be problems so we will see, I will put up pictures when I pick her up as i don't seem to be able to upload pictures using my tablet haha

Welcome to the forum. Great choice of car :wink: the forum is packed full of useful information and helpful people, so any queries just ask :smile:

When I first brought my 200 the gearbox was stiff almost to the point where I couldn't even get it in 1st gear so it had new clutch and slave fitted under warranty now it's never stiff even when cold so just keep a eye on it, and welcome the 200 is an amazing little car.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench Clio General Chat 4
C New Members 3
Merde Francais Clio 200T Area 0
T Clio 197 Area 1
mattrs182 Clio General Chat 14