Buying Clio 200

After some advice, got my 197 approaching 55k miles, wanting a 200, as mine is starting to cost me more money, niggles, wiper assembly broke other day.

Anyway, I know what I want, a White 200, with black roof ideally, xenons headlights, few other extras.

What is my best bet, trading mine in, for a factory built to spec? Or try finding a pre-registered?

I currently pay £312, my local dealer has one in for £1k desposit / £343 x 36 months, I thought people were getting alot better deals to be honest.

Any help/advice would be great.

Cheers
James.

i have just picked up a storm grey, recaros, black roof, black speedlines with £250 deposit with less monthly payment than that

mind you im a flukey git when it comes to cars

I'd look for a pre-reg. White is a popular choice, so there should be plenty around. But I'm sure you could get a better deal shopping around. Makes all the difference to try different dealers. For example, I went to Renault Leicester and Renault B'ham. Both Renault Retail Group dealers. Renault B'ham offered me £1000 less for my old Clio than Leicester. Yes, you read right, one thousand pounds. And their car was not only older, dearer and in worse condition, but they weren't prepared to repair the alloys or knock more than £250 off the price. I'll leave you to figure out which car I bought! Lol!

Buying new, you will loose buckets IN MONTHS! if you intend to keep it though, that will not bother you!

Go for nearly new, it'll still depreciate massively but it won't lose 10% of the value as you drive off from the dealers.

How long do you have left on the term with your 197? However much it costs you to maintain it will probably be less than the additional depreciation on new or nearly new 200.

Also, if you look at some of the people who chopped their 197's for 200's, many of them are the people who are now getting rid as they are paying more for essentially a very similar car.

Imagine your 197 is currently worth 6,000. In 3 years it will probably be worth 3,000, a drop of 3,000. The 200 will probably be worth 7,000, a drop of around 6,000. The 200 won't have needed 500 of belts but will still have needed to be serviced, tyres, etc. and should you get bored you won't be able to afford to get out of it for a minimum of 12-18 months.

I think your payments are quite high on that quote. I bet you can better it, I pay quite a bit less for 200 with cup chassis, pearl white, black roof, speedlines, spoiler and bluetooth