Buying a wrapped car.

Just need some opinion on wrapped cars.

Seen a car that i'm quite interested in but it has been wrapped.

Don't go near?

Thanks

I would be wary too as its not quite the same as wrapping your own car, god knows what is under there it could lead to a world of problems either when you buy it or sell it on at a later date!

It's not a Renault. It's an Audi.

I guess it's not even worth the risk tbh, you're right. God knows what's underneath...

Has it been prepared to surprise someone when they unwrap it?? :wink::wink:

Don't touch!

It'd have to be cheap enough to cover a respray/new wrap! So if it was say a grand cheaper than a non wrapped one I'd consider it.

As part of my job I have specced up and had several vehicles wrapped over the last few years. A mate of mine also had an S197 Mustang wrapped in matt black (isn't car fashion predictable!). What I'd say is, if the car has been wrapped for a prolonged period of time, the adhesives are not a good thing for the paint. Not only is it a total pain in the wotsit to remove, it also has a tendency to damage the paint finish.

That's my long waffly way of saying, unless its a bargain and you can afford a re-spray, avoid :smiley:

Even though all the wrap companies assure you it 'protects' the paint. I'm not surprised it does mess with it mind you!

Even though all the wrap companies assure you it 'protects' the paint. I'm not surprised it does mess with it mind you!

I guess it does in so much as the car is not longer exposed to the elements. Its a bit like saying that if a bear ate you, at least you wouldn't feel the cold though :smiley:

Ha ha ha ha, I could just imagine going back in 3 years time to complain about damaged paint to be told that by the salesman!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench Clio General Chat 4
C New Members 3
Merde Francais Clio 200T Area 0
T Clio 197 Area 1
mattrs182 Clio General Chat 14