Buying a sti type RA import

In a few months im going to buy myself a impreza wrx sti type RA as a second car ( yes that does mean im keeping the cup obviously). Obviously it will be an import, but im stuck between a rock and a hard place as i dont kno if i should import it myself or buy one from an importer thats already brought one into the country. What do use guys think the best plan of attack should be

well if you buy it yourself you'll need to have it sealed, converted to mph and rear fog fitted, pretty sure theyre limited to 100mph as well so that would need removed. Not to mention its all your own connections and money, do you read Japanese? All service history and docs with the car will be in Japanese. If you dont know what it says it could come back to bite you.

Id play safe and go to a respectable car importer.

There's loads in the country why not get one that's already here? Very few importers still bringing in cars of that value anymore unless requested as the currency conversion means it's costing a fortune so that would worry me that I'd imported a dog.

When you convert it to mph it gets rid of the 112mph limit as it tricks it mathematically and it will I fact be limited to 190mph

Last edited:
Type ra? Aren't they the aluminium ones? Won't rust if so

I had a P1. Mentally quick to 60 and so much fun.

:smile:

the type RAs are the lightend ones yea not sure if there aliminium. ive been looking at a few that r already in the country id be looking to spend 7g on one so by the looks of the research ive been doing thatll get me a really good one. i already know about having to convert it and remove the limiter also need to get a fog light put on it and a few other things for its SVA test

Similar Thread Suggestions