Bulb types for lights

Holy s**t that's bright. I've got 35W and they are very bright.

It depends on what head light type you've got for the bulbs Though. For projectors it's h1 main beam. H7 high beam and not sure on the fog but personally I think there is no point with fog lights.

Haha I know right,

But I have the normal lights not projectors, I know the low beam is h7 but need the others
And gonna buy the fog just because they're standard bulbs atm and don't match and for £50 I don't mind

If you have normal reflector lights and not projectors then don't fit HIDs as its illegal and an automatic MoT fail.

Just buy upgraded halogen bulbs, something like Osram night breakers or Philips X Tream vision, much cheaper, easier to fit and 100% legal.

Last edited:
If you have normal reflector lights and not projectors then don't fit HIDs as its illegal and an automatic MoT fail.

Just buy upgraded halogen bulbs, something like Osram night breakers or Philips X Tream vision, much cheaper, easier to fit and 100% legal.

No MOT in the isle of man mate :wink:

Even so with 100w hids with no projectors, will result in bein pulled by the police as you will blind everyman and his dog

No MOT in the isle of man mate :wink:

Fair enough, still illegal though. You need units designed for HIDs so you actually have a beam pattern and not just a ball of light blinding other drivers, pedestrians, passing boats etc. With 100w HIDs you'd probably blind me in N.Ireland!

Wouldent bother with 100w headlight bulbs I had some before n they blew every 2 weeks or so they were just too got and kept burning out, did you find out what bulbs the fog lights take ?

The Bobby's done me for hids in my GT and that had the projector lights, apparently they need to be auto levelling, have washers and a unit designed for HID's