Broken Cabasse unit

Hi guys, sorry to post a question as my first post, however it is a friends 197 and she has never done forums before.

My question is this....... my friends cabasse unit broke and she was forced to take it apart to get her disks out. She has a replacement head unit, however i have noticed that the radio is under the seat and the cabasse has a strange connector on it?

Would a converter block work to install a regular head unit in the cabasse slot? or would we need to do some hardcore rewiring? I have been doing as much research as i can on what would be needed to fit an aftermarket unit, I have done plenty but never seen a connector like the one from the cabasse unit.

Would it be easier and cheaper for us to just buy another cabasse unit, or is it a case of getting a connector and extending the arial from under the seat to the dash?

Thanks all. :group:

OK so I have manged to fit the stereo, I removed the glove box and was able to access the ISO leads from the back and connect the head unit.

My next question is extending the arial, is there an easy way of taking the center console apart so i can feed the arial through to the dash?