Bridgestone RE070's

Just another tyre thread...?

I've not heard many people rave about this tyre, but I've just got a set of 8'' wheels and looking at tyres.

They will be used for road and track use but I do not want to spend R888 money as it is only small trackdays I run, and don't necessarily drive my car that much. I have used Continental tyres on track before and lets just say they didn't hold up as well as the stiffer, harder compound BF Goodrich's! So I wont be going for OEM Conti's.

Bottom line, has anybody used the RE070's and can comment on turn in, mid corner grip and durability. The said tyre will be in a 225/45/17 and can be bought from camskill for only £85 each.

Or

Would you guys recommend the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 at a slightly cheaper price too. (I've only heard good things about this tyre, but I'd perhaps like a slightly more track orientated tyre such as the Bridgestone?)

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Chris

Been using RE070's on my 200 for 12 months, i do a lot of track days, hill climbs, sprints etc & wanted a tyre i could drive to the event & compete without the need for a 2nd set of rims/tyres.
They are an excellent tyre for the use i have described.
With a wear rating of 140 they are a little softer than the usual road tyres (generally approx 180 wear rating), but they are not in the league of track dedicated tyres such as 888's, 048's etc which have a wear rating around 80 thus much softer/stickier.
The RE070 is only available in 225/45/17 as it is manufactured for the OEM use on previous generation STI Subi's.
There is also a 19"/20" run flat version made for OEM use on the R35 Nissan GTR.

Last edited:
I've run the Goodyear Eagle Aysm 2's on my Clio for over a year now. Took it to the nurburgring on them. They're a fantastic tyre, quick to bite, pretty good turn in for a road tyre and wear levels are what I expected really. Not so sure I would use them as a track tyre though. As an idea, a Yokohama AD08 isn't really what I would class as an expensive tyre but the little hike in price is worth it IMO. Also, there's an AD08R tyre coming soon! As for the RE070, I haven't had any personal experience.

I will be seriously considering the new AD08R when released as they are very similar in spec to the RE070 but i suspect just a little softer/stickier.

I run the RE070 on my 200. Fantastic tyre and can't fault them in the wet or dry. Buy them, you won't be disappointed.

Bridgestones have been ordered! Should receive them on tuesday from Camskill.

Decided to get these for now, and purchase the Eagle F1's for road use on my other set of wheels when they need changing etc.

Bellamy06 - how did the F1's stand up to the 'Ring?

I have conti's on at the moment and after a few laps of a short sprint circuit, they were VERY well scrubbed in. They were only a week old at the time so probably had too much tread depth, which could be the reason why the seemed to literally just melt!

The Bridgestones will be miles better than the very over rated (in my opinion) Continentals. The other plus side the the 070s is that they look great. I never had people ask me about my tyres before but several people in work have passed comment with one even asking if it was legal to use tyres like them on the road.

I'll be using the RE070 next. Funky tyres are £81 delivered each!