Brembo Caliper Part

Guys,

Currently refurbishing my calipers, new seals etc.

The corrosion on one of the pipes to firstly seize on, now slightly rounded off.

Where can I purchase replacement pipes? (pictured below / black bottom connection pipes with silver nuts.)

Brembo_front_Calipers.jpg

Cheers

Why remove them in the first place? Mine were painted over from the factory, so I did the same when refurbishing them.

It's just a bit of brake pipe anyway (It links the 2 sides of the caliper) so should be able to get some made up at most car spares places, or buy some brake line and a flaring kit and make it yourself?

use a bench vice as a spanner and clamp the nut in the jaws, then just twist the caliper and it should come loose, then just clean the pipes with degreaser. Before putting them back on just file the flats back onto the nut.

you can cut the pipe and get a ring spanner on the nut and then get a new pipe made up - dead easy!

Thanks guys, I wouldn't of taken them off, however the pipe in question was corroded pretty badly. Ideally doing a full refurb, I thought that I would simply be able to buy some, obviously not. . . :worried:

Thanks guys, I wouldn't of taken them off, however the pipe in question was corroded pretty badly. Ideally doing a full refurb, I thought that I would simply be able to buy some, obviously not. . . :worried:

You would have to get a brake flaring kit and tube which starts getting expensive then, if you paint the pipe this will stop corrosion, that is the reason brembo paint there's

That's some help that is, the guys all ready said he's rounded them off so he needs to replace them.

You sound like his mum!

Did you fail to read the rest of my post that was the helpful part? I was just trying to work out why he wanted to remove them in the first place. Ffs, this place gets more like cliosport everyday!

It is always helpful if you can get hold of a brake pipe spanner pal, if seized will almost round the nut but does help.

Did you fail to read the rest of my post that was the helpful part? I was just trying to work out why he wanted to remove them in the first place. Ffs, this place gets more like cliosport everyday!

Did you fail to read the first post? it only gets like cliosport when people like you have a bad attitude.

Somewhere must be able to supply the OEM caliper link pipe (with rubber piece) . . . . :worried:

Sorry I didn't reply to your p.m it just slipped my mind. I don't believe this pipe is available to buy. You'll have to make it yourself out of cupro nickel pipe and a flaring kit. You can clean up your original link pipes with a wire brush, and then paint with silver hamerite to protect them from rust.