Break in..

Well woke up today to find my 197 had been broken into...Targeted for the headunit and facia as no other damage to the car,(taken all leads + mp3 player)
Keyless entry and keys kept upstairs away from car,so must have over-rided it somehow,car is always checked to make sure it is locked.
So watch out all for some lowlife scum around (Derby area).
If anyone has a centre consol facia give us a shout or where I can pick one up from....Cheers all:@

Really sorry to hear this - makes me so mad!! Thieving scum. Did they somehow manage to open the doors then, or smash their way in through the window?

No damage at all,taken out without making a mark,also taken the start/stop unit so car can't be started/steering lock off. has been taken away by Insurance company to see how they have overridden the key-less entry

That's very scary, to think they can get in by overriding it :thumbdown: let us know what the verdict is....

Very interesting point this -
Out of interest how do you normally check that the doors are locked?
- I once approached mine (don't own any more) one morning to find door ajar. Inside they had been through the glove box but nothing missing. I was the same - always locked the doors and check straight away (before they unlocked again with the keyless entry) to make sure they were locked. I am not sure what happened but I think it must have unlocked and these idiots were just checking doors to see if they were open!

I keep my keys in a aluminium tin > supposedly stops them from being able to boost a signal to them and hack in