Brake Discs & Pads (F&R) Suppliers?

What's the consensus on MTEC discs? Are these an upgrade over the Brembo OEM discs, or cheaper/inferior product?

I have MTEC on the fronts, and honestly can't fault them. No track days and limited 'fast road', but I've been very happy with them, they've lasted really well, have performed brilliantly and they were well priced.

I'm not so sure they can be classed as an upgrade - mine are drilled and grooved, but I chose that for cosmetic reasons rather than any performance advantage that might give. They do 'feel' better than the OEMs that were on prior, but that could be down to the pads - Mintex M1144 - which I do think are an upgrade over OEM.

I certainly wouldn't class them as inferior to OEM though, not at all. At a minimum I'd say they were on a par.

Reactions: sevenfourate
What exactly was wrong with them? I've never had issues with Pagid or Mintex really, and most time the issues I've had are down to pad choice.
All 3 sets warped very easily.
Never has issues with them in the years previous but will not beusing again in the near future.

My car needs new rear disc and pads i got a price off RPD which was £196 which i'am happy with as i like to keep things oem .

Trust me it was warped discs. I'm not in idiot I know the difference!
It could have been bad sets but with 3 cars I'll be steering clear. Went OEM on the RS4 and no problems.

Can't comment on other people's thoughts as we all go with what we like, but I believe original Renault are fine on rears for daily plus occasional track day use. As I said before my Brembo HC discs & DS2500 pads have been great for front discs used as above.

Reactions: fireheed
Anyone got an opinion in terms of what they think is better out of HC discs or Drilled/Grooved OE discs? Track car in mind.

I never had any issues with braided lines, standard discs, EBC yellows and RBF600 on the 197 but have been looking at DS2500 or DS1.11 for the 200, just not sure on discs. I'm basically trying to work out of if the drilled/grooved discs actually perform better rather than just being prettier to look at. :tearsofjoy:

Anyone got an opinion in terms of what they think is better out of HC discs or Drilled/Grooved OE discs? Track car in mind.

I never had any issues with braided lines, standard discs, EBC yellows and RBF600 on the 197 but have been looking at DS2500 or DS1.11 for the 200, just not sure on discs. I'm basically trying to work out of if the drilled/grooved discs actually perform better rather than just being prettier to look at. :tearsofjoy:

Cup race cars use a pretty much standard set up if I remember correctly mate. So that says to me that most of it is just willy waggling "BBK YO!" and aesthetics.

Reactions: BenAG200

brembo HC will be fine. also, if you have experience with EBC yellows i wouldn't go for the DS2500's. too similar. you should try the DS1.11 and feel what a serious pad stops like.

Reactions: Carlos182
brembo HC will be fine. also, if you have experience with EBC yellows i wouldn't go for the DS2500's. too similar. you should try the DS1.11 and feel what a serious pad stops like.
Yeah sorry should have said I'm looking at DS1.11 front, DS2500 rear

Reactions: peter