Brake Discs & Pads (F&R) Suppliers?

New member, and straight in with a post that's probably been covered a million times before... :chair:

Discs and pads all round? Any recommendations on makes and suppliers? OEM components seem to have shot up in price!

Please note although I do track days the Clio isn't likely to do very many and will only be used if one of the other cars breaks or fails to make it, so I'm only really looking for OEM or OEM equivalents for road use.

Has anyone used Pagid? I usually run them on my BMW's without issue but usually married up to track pads, I wonder whether the Pagid front discs and standard pads will offer the same braking efficiency as the genuine pads. Rears I haven't really settled on a manufacturer yet, I was thinking genuine at first but are any of the pattern parts are worth trying since the rear doesn't do that much work.

Thanks.

(Picture for attention purposes only :thumb:, some may have seen it previously on Instagram; @cmp_racing)

Attachments

• IMG_20170109_181114_601.jpg
    IMG_20170109_181114_601.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 34
Try George Snee @
www.roadtrackraceparts.com

I got Brembo High Carbon front discs & DS2500 pads from him. Very pleased with them & good service from George. He'll advise you if you tell him what you're looking for from your brakes & is competitive on price.

Last edited:
Great link Marc_R, do you have the part code for the rears? Anyone have any views on a Mintex set-up all round or would you favour Pagid front, Mintex rear?

Something like the Brembo HC is a great upgrade for the front. No point skimping and having this car with 'cheap' brakes IMO. I picked up the Brembo High Carbon front discs for £85 on ebay for reference........

Couple these with Mintex M1144 for example and you've got some serious stoppers.....For fast road use.....for not much gold.

Regarding the rears - yes the original part is expensive. and much cheaper can easily be found. And i gather the main quality difference is in the bearing. So its likely the the bearing may well fail in your cheaper disc way before the actual braking surface.

Rears are expensive but are the cheaper alternatives really that "cheap"? OEM parts are always going to be expensive for what they are most of the time but discounting alternatives parts because they're cheaper than their OEM equivalent is in my opinion silly. Especially when the price difference isn't that great and many other users have had the same parts with no problems. But at the end of the day it's up to you which route you go down

I always paint the bells anyway, so rust won't be a worry. So far I've settled with;

- Mintex 1144 Front Pads
- Pagid Front Discs
- Pagid Rear Discs
- Pagid Rear Pads

Think that will suit my needs, I used to run M1155's in a track BMW e36 running Pagid discs and they were great for the price.

If the car was to do more track days I'd go along the lines of Pagid RS29's, although that may be a little overkill.

Im not a fan of pagid anymore. Had bad sets on a S3, S4 and my Amarok.
Im on mintex on the Amarok and they are a vast improvement over the pagids.
The clio is on stock brakes untill they need changing then will look about at alternatives.

What exactly was wrong with them? I've never had issues with Pagid or Mintex really, and most time the issues I've had are down to pad choice.

I seem to recall pagid and mintex are owned by the same company.

I use pagids and brembo hc and find them both ok. I get whichever is cheapest. As well as Road Track Race, try Kam racing as they are cheap at the moment of pagid front discs.