boy racers anoying my other half!

So my other half drives our car more than i do and seems to get all the boy racers trying to get in a race with her! of ciurse she doesnt respond as think anything over 5000rpm scares her :wink:

I dont get so many but still get the odd one which under estimates the clio :wink:

So is it just where we are or do other woman get the same? We do live just off of about 5 roundabouts that get used as a track all the time and of course near a mcdonalds car park :wink:

I don't get many either, although I had an Audi A1 goad me the other day so I planted my foot down in 6th and left him standing, I slowed down and he did the same so I left him again, this happened a few times, as he pulled along side me he didn't look very happy so I gave him a Louie Spence wave and let him go on his way.. Lol

I don't get many either, although I had an Audi A1 goad me the other day so I planted my foot down in 6th and left him standing, I slowed down and he did the same so I left him again, this happened a few times, as he pulled along side me he didn't look very happy so I gave him a Louie Spence wave and let him go on his way.. Lol

Pete (Rouge) came over to mine at the weekend to collect some brake discs, said he saw you on the way (think it was around Dartford) and you were in the lane next to him. Hear you gave it some (sticking to the speed limit ofcourse :wink: ). If you'r ever back down this way again and free would be good to see the car :smile:

Pete (Rouge) came over to mine at the weekend to collect some brake discs, said he saw you on the way (think it was around Dartford) and you were in the lane next to him. Hear you gave it some (sticking to the speed limit ofcourse :wink: ). If you'r ever back down this way again and free would be good to see the car :smile:

I'm visiting family in Kent so down south till the weekend :smile:

I'm visiting family in Kent so down south till the weekend :smile:

Is a piston heads meet this evening from 18:00, if not too far you should pop along - The Grasshopper, Westerham, Kent. TN16 2EU. Is a monthly thing and ranges from Lamborghinis/Ferraris to Focus RS's etc. Ill probably be there from 20:00 onwards.

If not, you could always come along to the meet Pete has arranged for Saturday evening (providing your free) in Bluewater

Is a piston heads meet this evening from 18:00, if not too far you should pop along - The Grasshopper, Westerham, Kent. TN16 2EU. Is a monthly thing and ranges from Lamborghinis/Ferraris to Focus RS's etc. Ill probably be there from 20:00 onwards.

If not, you could always come along to the meet Pete has arranged for Saturday evening (providing your free) in Bluewater

Unfortunately I can't make tonight and Saturday night I'm at a party :worried:

I will however be coming back down to London early October so could arrange something then.

Considering we have loads of boy racers in my town I don't get them to often, had a slammed 4Dr 3 series try and follow me over 2 double roundabouts into my housing estate a couple of months back and watched as he wrestled to keep his from slidding out of control, and before that was when I got the car Jan 2012, burned away a punto t-jet, who obviously didn't know what a clio sport was packing!! Haha

Happens to me a fair bit, think its the cup spoiler. However driving back today in my mums 1.4 Meriva from Reading with the parents and misses a girl in a 1.2 polo pulls up next to me at the lights at Newbury and starts revving etc hopping the car, lights go green I casually pull away calmly and leave her standing as she's bunny hopping... safe to say the whole car was in stitches at here... Senseless.

Have to say the Meg seems to attract the 'not fast and feeble' brigade even more than the Clio, so many mongs who either sit on your bumper until they realise you aren't biting or will blast past you in a straight line going over the speed limit then slow down massively for a corner or roundabout getting absolutely nowhere.

Had quite a few in only 2 weeks of owning it overtake me in 30/40 zones while doing the speed limit, all some form of 'hot' hatch though. Sad and pathetic.....

A little surprised that I've had no one try and race me with the amount of chavs around Sheffield.

Wouldn't mind some little wannabe trying it on haha

I wish i people did it to me more, when i had my last car (c2 vts) i got no end of goons trying it on and that was a suttle looking car but now ive got a outlandish looking car no one trys.

I was next to a guy in a slammed audi rs6.. My mate knows him and the owner has a print out reading 500+bhp and says it will do 200mph..

lights went green.. That thing made an incredible noise, but seriously didnt go anywhere.. I was neck and neck with him all the way up to 70-80, on a road leading onto the motorway, before he began to slowly pull away.. Poor thing had nothing bottom end!

I'm glad it's not just me, here in west Wales you get a lot of goons try it from micras to a convertible merc. As said they are very surprised when you open it out and leave them.... But funny thing is my mrs has a 59 plate clio dci and I get even more in that thing ?...

in my ep3 that was 232bhp I never got anyone which really disappointed me ..