Bought my wife a 197 F1

Quick hello from sunny Bedfordshire

Just picked this up for my wife today

D6509076_7020416_970963

(Hers is the Clio - not the truck :smiley:)

Didn't get a chance to drive it back as she seemed dead keen to jump in and race off a head of me.

15 minutes of roundabout to roundabout fun across Milton Keynes - me in hot pursuit in her old Mini Cooper S...

She's over the moon - and i'm really liking the styling compared to the Mini.

Car has the usual 'refinements' wear on bolster, rear rubbers on windows split, and a very very small amount of steering wheel melt.

Think her Xmas pressie this year will be a retrim of seats/doors/steering wheel by Steve at Edge :hug1: She gets nothing but the best at Christmas - bought her a spoiler for her C1 one year :smiley:

Now the fun starts with a bit of a detail next weekend hopefully - then i feel a stereo pull coming on - she cant manage without iPod in the car.

So if you know anyone that wants of these - let me know.

D6509076_7020416_970970

Dean.

It's a lovely motor mate, I'd be interested to see what you think of the Clio compared to the mini, as a lot of people I know rave about them, a mate just bought one but I've not had a chance to take it out for a spin yet.

You seem fairly familiar with the usual problems and solutions, have you had one before or just bee lurking the forum? The work from Steve @ edge is always impressive from what I've seen.

It's a lovely motor mate, I'd be interested to see what you think of the Clio compared to the mini, as a lot of people I know rave about them, a mate just bought one but I've not had a chance to take it out for a spin yet.

You seem fairly familiar with the usual problems and solutions, have you had one before or just bee lurking the forum? The work from Steve @ edge is always impressive from what I've seen.

Not owned one before - looked at the car start of the week, then crammed up on information here :smile:

From a practical point - the Clio wins over the Mini - three back seats not two, and a bigger boot. So far i'm told its smoother through the gears !! Mini has a very short shift - nicer steering, again Mini very very responsive, and definately a gentler suspension feel, R53 (i think) had very stiff suspension and very bumpy ride.

I suppose these are not necessarily the plus points people are looking at when they review the cars in Evo mag etc....

We've owned the Mini for four years and we never have the same car twice, and the Clio just stood out against all the others :smiley:

Welcome to the site mate. Car looks good. Only just changed my Red Clio last week. I loved it, really a great car. You can buy a cable to plug in to the back of the stereo so you can just use the aux input, it's a cheap and quick way to add an input to the stereo.