Bola b1

you'll need to find out the centre bore, but they should fit with spigot rings. however, et40 is the equivalent of fitting 28mm spacers so they'll stick out a bit - have a look for threads with standard wheels plus 25mm spacers to see what I mean.

Standard wheels are et68 7.5x17 therefore keeping the same width but lowering the offset to et40 means 68-40=28. The lower the offset number the further the wheels will stick out.

with et38 you should clear the caliper, but 8j et38 will stick out massively, and in my opinion look terrible. They will also rub like hell if your car is lowered even slightly.
Look for pics with the 8x17 cup racer speedlines on, they're et68 and they fill the arches just nicely, as do the OZ Ultraleggeras at 8x17 et55.

Last edited:
I'll see how they look when I get them on later, the car is really low, but I'm trying something different. Everyone has speedlines or OZ

@Aaron S - those wheels would look great on the Clio, seen them on quite a few Golfs. You could always look into having 10mm machined off the mounting face to bring the offset back to et48, but this depends on the amount of metal available for machining on the mounting face.

Last edited:
Calipers shouldn't be an issue, look how close they are on standard wheels at ET68 anything lower than that should be fine.
I've also decided on something different to Speedlines/OZ's, although I'm only not getting OZ's due to price. If they where £600-700 I'd buy a set right now lol. Have you also considered Rota's? IIRC they're about £600 a set, 17x9 5x108 ET42. Few people have fitted them but they stick out a fair bit.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CM200 Clio General Chat 11
Roy General Chat 3