Body kit for 197...

Ive got a lovely black 2008 197 with the aero wing/recaros etc.

I was thinking about buying the matching renaultsport splitter and side skirts. Twingo has a nice offer at £432 all in delivered for the 3 genuine parts.

Would it help sell the car in future to have the full kit or would it put people off having the full kit?

Just curious as I love the car but dont plan on keeping it too long. Didnt want to shell out almost 500 quid if its going to hinder a future sale!

I wouldn't bother, not really going to affect used prices. Some people like them and some don't. Personally I don't, so would prefer a car without the splitter and extra skirts.

Fitment is very easy! Ive got the whole kit on mine and I think it looks great! Makes the 197 look much more blokey

I wouldn't but a 197 with the bits on it but some people would only buy one with the kit.

Don't think it would really make any difference to the resale

You could buy them then sell before you trade in or flog yours, prob make 60-70% back on them in say two years time.

They are the only body extra's that are worth even a second thought so will always be in demand. Seem to only look good on some colours - LY, nimbus but not seen on black.

Could look like one of those F117 Nighthawks..... :smile:

5b6dbfaf.jpg

the kit aint bad, but fitment requires drilling a few holes in the bumper, so cant really take it off when selling the car, only thing I dont like about all the body kits is that they make the wheels look small... would look ace with 18" wheels on a clio, but it ruins the handling... if I was looking for a 2nd hand clio I'd rather choose one without it.... if you are really in must of adding any RS parts get the front bumper's low grille replaced with the renault black or silver mesh grill, I guess you'd be the first one to have it as I have never seen anybody having one and I do keep track of the galleries posted :smile: I am contemplating about getting a black one myself atm