bmw 123D coupe

im not really clued up on leasing a car. So thought id ask here.

im doing well over 25k miles a year.

would it be worth getting one of these on lease or to buy it out right?

is it even possible
how much do people recon it would be?

:S

just asking here as i dont want to waste my time getting quotes if its pointless.

Leasing is appealing as you can save the VAT (as a business), you also benefit from a lower purchase price due to the lease co's buying power, and the lessor takes the residual risk. You may also be able to include the maintenance, tyres, VED, which removes the worry of unexpected costs.

However, carefully shopping around for a nearly new example for outright purchase may prove cheaper, and the lease does effectively tie you in; they are typically very expensive to get out of before the end of the term.

Also remember that you definitely won't get the deposit back, and going over mileage will cost you money - with a PCP you at least stand a chance of getting something back at the end of the term, though most lease co's will give you the option of buying the car back.

123d brand new is what? 27k minus a deposit. And risidual after 3 years is approx 12 k maybe less if ure gunna put 70k on the clock repayments close to 400 and a buy back figure as above depending on mileage and initial deposit.

so you 2 are saying buy it out right and dont bother with a lease.

if i was to buy it i would concider a second hand 09 model as you can pick them up sub 20k with low miles and m sport pack.
if i was to buy new id be looking at a 3 series alpina. or something close. as the 123d is almost the same price brand new as a 60 plate d3 alpina i looked at in wycombe sytner. :S

so annoying i dont want to go to a diesel engine but i know i cant stay with petrol with the miles im doing. :worried:

Does it have to be a BMW, check out all the leasing company's websites.
I leased my last car, 57 punto for 3 years, £130 a month and 50mpg if driven well.
Made perfect sense for me and was a real cost saving in the end!

Lombard are the best to go with they do some real good deals and offer a large choice of cars.

http://www.lombard.co.uk/assets/cars-vans/

The leasing sounds good to be honest. My work van for the company is on lease and it does help the only expense is petrol. But i just don't see why people want to put 3-5 years of debt over their heads for a motor.

If you have the cash mate buy one outright that's my opinion.

i have the cash but for me leasing seems a better option as my cash situation changes alot so to have cash built up is a good thing as i always have random things that happen which i need cash for so to pay monthly would be better as i only spend a lil each month instead of a large amount in one go.
my only worry is if i lease will i b looking at a high amount if i was do want to do 25k miles a year?
all lease sites show a price for 10k a year lease

Any lease is geared around the residual value (RV) clearly the higher the mileage the lower the RV and hence the greater the balance to be paid over the time of the lease. For the purposes of advertising a low value most are advertised @ 10k (or less sometimes) per annum and excl. VAT.

Because of the mileage you are looking at, check out the rates for different terms - a 12m old car with 25k miles does not appear as high mileage as a 48m old car with 100k miles.

Similar Thread Suggestions