Bluefin

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
Does a Bluefin remap make much difference to a 197? Is it actually worth the £200 they as for it?

Thanks for your help,
John

not really mate, they certainly dont make there claims. Best option is a custom remap for the extra money you will need to pay

not really mate, they certainly dont make there claims. Best option is a custom remap for the extra money you will need to pay

Cheers for getting back to me Chris. See I don't really want to go to the expense of a map, it was more for how handy the bluefin was. But if I wouldn't really notice any difference I guess theres no point in getting one.

I personally wouldnt but we all feel differently about things so someone might pop up and say they are worthwhile.

What is your main reason for wanting one?

To be honest it was just an idea. I've just recently got the car after driving a Skoda fabia vRS for two years, so its a complete change of driving style. I'm loving how sharp the car appears, but for the cost of a bluefin I was going to add it tot he car if it had of been worth the money.

Bluefin will get you a smother stronger pull through the entire rev range but will not add a lot of HP and iirc someone lost 50hp with one.

it did a before and after run and then after it was removed again.

i'm sure it feels better but its down to expectations.

Cheers for the help guys. Think the bluefin idea has definitely been scrapped now after reading some of these posts.

John

Superchips had nothing to say, that's the problem. They refunded the money but didn't seem to care that their claims of 12bhp extra actually resulted in zero bhp

I have one and I would recommend one. Makes it more drivable in the way of giving more low down torque. And as for losing power, I don't remember any other MK3's overtaking me last time at Oulton Park

Superchips had nothing to say, that's the problem. They refunded the money but didn't seem to care that their claims of 12bhp extra actually resulted in zero bhp

Very odd of them to not even bother investigating it?! Look at the bad press they're getting for it now.