Blue fin

Id easily have the bluefin on my R27.
I used one with great results on my old S3 so wouldnt hesitate with another. Great after sales help too.
So dont be put off.

S3 is turbocharged so going to get decent results from a generic map... but let us know how you rate it!

Im nae daft i get that but the same priniple applies. Everyone slates the genric maps and goes for Revo etc and in house places. The bluefin is not generic either to a degree as you need to send them your cars std map then they tweek that and send you back the recode and you upload it onto the car.
What i was getting at is it is a good alternative.

Not if theres no decent custom mapping places anywhere near you.
And you can sell the handset on and take the map off if required.

I had the bluefin a few years ago on a mondeo st200 running the car back to back with the std map i could't tell the difference between the two
as said the best thing about them is when you sell the car you can then sell the handset on

As mine is standard with a Blue Fin map I'm over the moon that the car is super smooth which means more to me than power gains. I believe it was done during the warranty period do that could have been a reason for taking that route. As said if looking for power and modding the exhaust then custom is surely the way.

[QUOTE="LOCKE, post: 619037, member: 51411" I'm over the moon that the car is super smooth which means more to me than power gains.[/QUOTE]

As i understand it Colin; the thing with modern mapping with fuel injected cars - is there is no trade-off. You dont have to give up or compromise anything.

Tweaking some slightly older off-road bikes with carbs like i have before - there's always a trade-off.....and the whole thing is a fine balance with each jet controlling a finite range. With fuel injection you can infinitely adjust the mixture at any rpm load, throttle position etc etc

So you gain low down, in the midrange and uptop; and have all the smoothness, torque, better real-World driving and in the example (Generally) of a 197 / 200; get rid of all the cold-start issues too....

A win, win, win situation.

Not suggesting for one moment a blue-fin isnt great and should be dismissed. Just saying; that same smoothness you've gained and some extra power, torque and driveability can be gained from what is in this day and age a "simple" re-map.

The thing is Shuv as I've only driven the car with the Blue Fin map I couldn't say it feels quicker than standard. I'm just glad I don't have the kangarooing that done other members have.

The thing is Shuv as I've only driven the car with the Blue Fin map I couldn't say it feels quicker than standard. I'm just glad I don't have the kangarooing that done other members have.

Amen to that.

I'll be the very first person to admit - i thought (my) standard Clio fuelling / smoothness was quite frankly pathetic. THE worst car i've ever owned in that respect.

I could not and would not have kept the car - had that trait not have been 'sortable' :smile:

Reactions: LOCKE