Blowing sound

Hi all... Weve had the car about 5 months now, bought it private. And love it but its always had a blowing sound from what I thought was the exhaust at the front of the car... It sounded fine on the test drive (but then again I did drive it very sensibly as the current owner was sat at the side of me) Its always kangaroo'd quite bad for the first 30 secs or so from cold. and since getting use to the car has bothered me quite a lot!!

BUT after cleaning the car over the last weekend I thought Id give under the bonnet a bit of a fettel. and on cleaning around the Air box lid found that it wasnt on properly, and thus the air filter wasnt seated correctly. I put the filter in correctly, gave the lid a good old push till it clicked in place and never thought much more about it.....

Got in the car a few hours later to take nip out and sweet jesus its like driving a different car!!! so smooth and quiet with hardly any kangarooing at all now. unbelevable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

nice one. saved you a few dollars at the stealers telling you that a new air box needed:thumbup1:

ha ha typical I bet u got it cheap cus the previous owner thought there was something wrong?

good find and lucky - there has been a few manifolds crack and they arent an easy job !!!!