197: Bloody Renault Wolverhampton Strike again!

It's quite worrying that they can't refit a bumper and make sure it fits correctly when the same people could changing parts in a braking system. Not sure if I should complain or what really. I just really think they need to improve on quality.

If you don't complain the nxt poor bugger that goes in will have the same shody workmanship mate like you say they need to up there game

It's quite worrying that they can't refit a bumper and make sure it fits correctly when the same people could changing parts in a braking system.

I know mate - I share the exact same view! You'll probably find that there is one experienced guy there and 2 or 3 junior or apprentice engineers. Thats the problem with a lot of garages. You could get anyone working on your car - pot luck.

Not sure if I should complain or what really. I just really think they need to improve on quality.

100% yes - you are paying money for a job that isn't being done right.. I would be fuming.. especially all the journeys there as well costing petrol and time each visit.

just because your cars under warranty doesnt mean you have to accept sub-standard work from the dealer

irrespective of who or how the bill is paid the car shouldnt be in a worse state than when it went in - it is up to you the customer to point out what isnt right and that you will not accept this and you will give them a chance to put it right before you take further action...

Ok, I will wait until we have a good downpour, check the boot again and if it ok I will ring and book the boot lid in, to have it realigned. If there is water in the boot still, they can do that too. I am thinking of asking about the drivers door handle, the silver is wearing off on the inside and is creeping up to the top. Anyone else had this problem?

Ok, I will wait until we have a good downpour, check the boot again and if it ok I will ring and book the boot lid in, to have it realigned. If there is water in the boot still, they can do that too. I am thinking of asking about the drivers door handle, the silver is wearing off on the inside and is creeping up to the top. Anyone else had this problem?

no, but not surprised.. weak coat of paint on the handles... french.. say no more... but yeah... get it done under warranty if poss.

Had a phone call on Wednesday from Renault Wolverhampton asking if I was happy with the service. Of course I said no, and I told her why. She gave me RUK's number and told me to ring them. So think I will.

I was waiting for some rain before I rang, just in case the car still had water getting in. But after some decent rain this afternoon the boot is bone dry. Will leave it until next week or so to make sure it has now been fixed and then I will most likely ring in.

Had a phone call on Wednesday from Renault Wolverhampton asking if I was happy with the service. Of course I said no, and I told her why. She gave me RUK's number and told me to ring them. So think I will.

I was waiting for some rain before I rang, just in case the car still had water getting in. But after some decent rain this afternoon the boot is bone dry. Will leave it until next week or so to make sure it has now been fixed and then I will most likely ring in.

good news mate!
you may find that rain doesn't get in, as it's often vertical water as a spray... the proper test will be a car wash or hosepipe, no water should get in irrespective of the angle. (obv full prssure from a hose at a wierd angle say some seals are not meant to take)

Similar Thread Suggestions